PART-TIME LOVER(s)

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
KenHardy

PART-TIME LOVER(s)

Post by KenHardy »

Check out my most recent composition, Part-Time Lover(s), recorded using MTS for iPad (air)' V1.3.3. At http://soundcloud.com/drdrdaddeo/part-t ... ix/s-bN6mW . Originally written (and copy-protected) by me while in Medical School in 1978, this is a modern remake of one of my favorite old emotionally-inspired songs. This is a true story, and a sad one, about the impending break-up of a five-year relationship and very close friendship, as external lovers began creeping into our lives. Still scarred, I haven't spoken to that ex- in 36 years. But I do wish her well....and still think of her often.

Written in what appears to be the key of E, this song is actually in A.....which doesn't announce itself until the very last chord ( a D9 to A transition). The five male vocalists singing four different harmonies are me (using an Apogee MiC direct to ipad) and one is double-tracked. The two female vocalists singing back-up are two local 15 y/o high schoolers (one is my daughter). There are three 12-string guitar tracts (one rhythm and two lead tracks), one bass track (a Fender Precision patch actually played on keyboard), and two overlapping percussion tracks, each extracted from GarageBand smart drummer (see my other MTS posts on how to do that). I used compression and pseudo-stereo effects on the vocals, phaser effects on the 12- strings, and a touch of EQ on the bass. The bass was written and performed by my distant collaborator, Robert Fonseca, a serious bassist, keyboardist, and music producer in New Orleans. A click track was used but only retained in the four beat intro. There are a total of 14 tracks used and all effects were from MTS FOR iPad. This song will appear on my upcoming CD album, "Better Late Than Never".
Enjoy, Dr. K.