Recording only using the built-in MTS Instrument.....

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
nickb2010

Recording only using the built-in MTS Instrument.....

Post by nickb2010 »

I thought it might be interesting to take a track recently recorded using a battery of softsynths, effects plugins, and do a version using only the built-in MTS Instruments & Effects..

The piece called "Casbah" can be found here http://www.brickell.info

The MTS Instrument version is here : http://www.brickell.info/msw2018/casbahmts2018.m4a

Good fun though.....

Nick B
sinbad

Re: Recording only using the built-in MTS Instrument.....

Post by sinbad »

They sound different :mrgreen:
I guess the original uses much more expensive equipment. Some parts of the remake come over very "midi", especially the bit that goes up and down (forgive my music theory ignorance). The original has a more pleasant sound. The bass on the remake sounds better to me.
On the whole though, it shows that you can compose stuff using native instruments and effects and upgrade if you feel you need to impress someone.
nickb2010

Re: Recording only using the built-in MTS Instrument.....

Post by nickb2010 »

I agree they sound different, but it was interesting to avoid the usual VSTi's. I quite like the Drums sounds on the built-in instruments, and may use them more in the future. Trying to get the Fairlight Orch Hit is difficult.....still amazed Stravinski come up with it in the first place. I wonder if he copyrighted it? :D :D :D

I must admit to doing a cull on some plugins. Scrapped all the WAVES effects ones (can you give them away?) don't like the WaveShell and looking at the instruments I'm beginning to think I only need the Arturia V6 Collection, the Korg Analog/Digital collection, UVI's Falcon, Xfer Records Serum. M Tron Pro, IK Multimedia Syntronik/SampleTank and some Wolfgang Palm's unique instruments, a PhD or Nobel Prize in physics is useful using them..... :D :D :D Amazing what you get for your money today.......and a testimony to MultitrackStudio that those diverse range of VSTi's work without fault..... :D :D :D

Nick B