Bohemian Rhapsody

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
nickb2010

Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by nickb2010 »

Never ever thought I'd record this......probably a sacrilege? A synthesizer version of Queen's mega classic. The middle bit was interesting to do without using the multiple voices.

Recorded using a multitude of software synthesizers.

http://www.brickell.media/bohemianfinal.mp3
moxol

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody

Post by moxol »

nickb2010 wrote:Never ever thought I'd record this......probably a sacrilege? A synthesizer version of Queen's mega classic. The middle bit was interesting to do without using the multiple voices.

Recorded using a multitude of software synthesizers.

http://www.brickell.media/bohemianfinal.mp3
I am amazed!
What a wonderful recording you managed to do.
I encourage you to record a video with all the synths you used and publish this on YouTube.
It's really, really good!
How much time did you record this?
Saz

Post by Saz »

A great interpretation! 8)

Thanks for sharing!
Moozeeck

Post by Moozeeck »

It's rare thing that someone take such an effort to really record well song like Bohemian Rhapsody.
I can imagine that it was quite a challenge, and it turned out very well!
Bravo!
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

Hi Guys

Many thanks for all of your comments. This came about because of a challenge on another forum. You had to produce cover versions of pieces from the Billboard Top 500 List. Another member had done a quick version using a more conventional organ type instrument. I contacted them and asked if they wanted to collaborate. I would do a synthesizer version and we would marry our two performances together. His was 7 minutes long and mine was six, but Melodyne is a wow for stretching/shrinking tracks......I thought they were brave to take on Bohemian Rhapsody, it being quite a classic. I discovered early on that you had to keep quite close to the original, with piano, bass guitar, electric guitar, etc. The initial pure synth version didn't quite work. The piece posted here is the track I produced......it took about two weeks...PHEW

YouTube video......I hadn't thought about that. I shall look into that......many thanks for the idea.

Nick
Drdrdaddeo

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

That is freaking awesome....really dude, a masterpiece! Brilliant use of creative sound emulation, perfect phrasing, and killer technical work. Its just hard to believe that all that was done via keyboard MIDI (or was some of the bass and guitar work played conventionally?). I am super impressed and totally humbled. No doubt you won whatever contest you were entered in. If not, they need new judges. Thanks for that outstanding (and beautifully recorded) prrformance.

Drdrdaddeo
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

Hi Drdrdaddeo

PHEW !!!! Many thanks.....

I was going to use real electric and bass guitar sounds from IK Multimedia's SampleTank 3, but it just didn't work out, you could hear the joins....LOL....These sounds are actually played on Synapse Audio's Dune 2 and Dune 3 software synthesizers. Great pieces of software, they have some great "cutting" sounds and a batch of top-quality FX, teamed with a mass of modulation possibilities and a super responsive feel, I don't know anything else to match them. I felt a bit like Fred Mandel on "I want to break free", I thought Brian May played the solo part on a guitar synth....

I use a trusty Edirol PCR800 MIDI controller and have done for over 10 years. A great keyboard for playing this stuff, I find it easier to use the joystick type pitch bender/modulator to add subtle touches rather than the wheel types, amazing what a little nudge does on the joystick does and you often accidental add modulation to the pitch bending.......LOL...

Nick
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Cool :D At last a backing track to pracice my vocals. :mrgreen:
Good job Nick
fogle622

Post by fogle622 »

This put a smile on my face. A really nice arrangement. The synth bass makes though. I'm gonna' be hearing this in my head for days! You know what this sounds like? An Orchestrion or Fairground Organ. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchestrion or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairground_organ
Although the sound is very synthetic it is also pleasing which is difficult to accomplish.