Husbands and Wives (DK2)

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
Drdrdaddeo

Husbands and Wives (DK2)

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

This joint musical project emerged from my partner Dave Larroquette, who loves to produce his own YouTube solo music videos. He had purchased a very expensive studio-grade microphone to use in making live solo performance music videos. He had done a video of himself performing a solo version of Roger Miller’s (and Brooks and Dunn’s) grammy winning song “Husbands and Wives”. I was completely blown away by the quality of his voice, as well as the music production in his video. The video turned out to be him lip-syncing to his own multitrack pre-recorded version of the song (performed and recorded using his Studio One software and a Mac mini). I just loved the song but missed the really cool, but subtile second part harmonies used in the Brooks and Dunn version. So I had Dave DropBox me all the .wav stems from his Studio One Mix and I loaded each of them into separate audio tracks within my MTS for ipad Pro App (via AudioShare). Using my little Apogee MiC USB’d direct into my iPad, I simply added both hi and low vocal harmony tracks to Dave’s multitrack setup adding MTS’s vocal 2 compression and a tad of reverb on each of my vocal tracks. Then I made a rough multitrack mixdown which Dave loved, but he wanted my harmonies to be considerably boosted relative to either of the two original versions of the song. So I remixed my harmony vocals in a lot hotter using MTS and then used its final limiting/mastering options to produce the present multitrack mix. We both consider it one of our strongest home studio recordings ever:

https://soundcloud.com/drdrdaddeo/husba ... 1eMi70AKSv

By the way, checkout my 20 or so other copy and original DK2 productions with Dave Larroquette on SoundCloud under my Drdrdaddeo account (all mastered and produced using MTS Pro for iPad).

Drdrdaddeo/Ken Hardy