The Bus Stop Album (Classical Music Edition)

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
nickb2010

The Bus Stop Album (Classical Music Edition)

Post by nickb2010 »

*** WARNING *** This is a very large album, but was done using Giel's amazing software. Didn't take that long either, try saying that with lots of olther DAW's where you spend more time with lots of screens, erc. I rehashed and remixed some previous tracks and used them here, but most were done from scratch for this album.

The "Bus Stop" bit is explained. It's a weird thing as well.....

Tracks marked with asterisks have their own pop-up with more info, images, etc.

Two tracks were not recorded with MTS, they were live recordings on a piano with a "duff" microphone. Although one's a accidental recordng of Grieg's Piiano Concerto No 1 (done after showing Eric Morecambe's version) and the other non-MTS recording, is a "backlwards" version of the start of Mozart's "Rondo Alla Turca", that was a bit mind-numbing. to do.

All just a bit fun and a little recording, editing and arranging teaching exercise for a couple of young musicians.

https://www.brickell.computer
Saz

Re: The Bus Stop Album (Classical Music Edition)

Post by Saz »

Wow - what a project! :shock:

Don't have time to really listen atm, just kinda tried to absorb the whole thing on your landing page and *** Honky Tonk Train Blues (Meade Lux Lewis) *** caught my eye, so I listened. I've shot hours of video of that steam engine - NKP765 - even got to ride in the cab. Cool tune and sounds good btw.

Look forward to hearing more and congrats on this monster! 8)
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

HI Saz

"I've shot hours of video of that steam engine - NKP765 - even got to ride in the cab"....WOW, that's weird and I'm not envious. I just used that image to "anmated" the music, great it had some meaning.

Great project to work and completley unplanned. It sort of felt like going back to the beginning when I started uusing MYTS. I was lookikng for a DAW that allowed me to work the why I like, which is straight from idea to final finish, and having a couple of 19 year old musicians who wanted to learn a lot of music production techniques was a sort of reboot for me as well, I have to admit I'm still finding things on MTS I hadn't found before......LOL

One thing that was also interetsing, was designing a website, I haven't done that for 15 years.....now you have to make a PC version, a tablet version, a smartphone versiom, it has to rotate....PHEW.....think I'll stick with the music.

Thanlks

Nick
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

Looks like moving websites is the "in thing".....LOL

Transferred this website to https://www.brickell.media

The servers are faster and use Cloud Storage systems to aid the speed and functionality. Blimey, when I first used MTS I think I had a 56K modem....

Nick