A Drummer, A Stroke and MTS II

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
Saz

A Drummer, A Stroke and MTS II

Post by Saz »

This is a continuation of sorts, of the story at A Drummer, A Stroke and MTS , but instead of a performance recording, this is a demonstration recording - warts and all. You see, my friend Ray is a geezer like me. We still like to Rock - it's just harder to play now like we did 20 years ago, let alone 50. Pick misses and stick clicks happen. But I digress.

The purpose of this recording is to demonstrate that you don't need the most expensive drum shells to acheive great sounds. And thanks to great software like MTS, the proof as they say, is in the pudding.

Ray recorded 11 solos on 8 oddball drum sets and I mixed and mastered the tracks in MTS, with MTS and other effects, to try to bring out the best sound of each kit.

Take a listen at SOLOS for Concept Drum Sets and see if you can identify what material is used for the various kits. Hint - there's hints in the titles.

Then check out Ray's page for the project at Concepts Recording #4 to see what the kit pieces are actually made of.

I promise, you'll be surprised! And while I'm at it - Merry Christmas!
Linda Hawkinson

Re: A Drummer, A Stroke and MTS II

Post by Linda Hawkinson »

A drummer who has had a stroke may have difficulty playing the drums due to physical limitations or muscle weakness caused by the stroke. MTS II (Muscle Training System) may be a therapeutic option to help the drummer recover some of their strength and dexterity in their affected limbs. MTS II is a type of physical therapy that uses electrical stimulation to activate and exercise muscles that may have been affected by the stroke. It is typically used to help improve muscle function, strength and flexibility in patients who have experienced stroke, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, or other neurological conditions. The therapist will work with the patient to set specific goals, and create a program that will be tailored to their needs and abilities.
It's important to note that recovery after a stroke is a very individual process and the specific outcome may vary based on the severity and location of the stroke, the patient's overall health and the intensity and duration of the rehabilitation.
Saz

Re: A Drummer, A Stroke and MTS II

Post by Saz »

Wrong MTS there, Linda!

:roll: