MultitrackStudio transport via MIDI

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
synthalabim

MultitrackStudio transport via MIDI

Post by synthalabim »

Hello! 🎶

Any chance we are going to be able to access the MultitrackStudio transport controls via MIDI in the future?
Doesn‘t matter whether the individual controls would be exposed via MIDI or whether they would be added as target in the Keyboard mapper. But not being able to control the ipados version‘s transport via MIDI is a frustrating workflow gap at the moment, with an ipad not necessarily always connected to a computer keyboard, but almost always connected to some form of midi controller with some form of (atm non-functioning) transport control.

Thank you 🙂
Support

Re: MultitrackStudio transport via MIDI

Post by Support »

Thanks for the suggestion. It's on the list.

Giel Bremmers
synthalabim

Post by synthalabim »

Awesome - so looking forward to it! 😎
Support

Post by Support »

What 'transport controls' do you need? Just 'start/stop' and 'home' ?

Giel Bremmers
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I could imagine a Play/Pause toggle (could just be one event/note), a rewind (RTZ), a Record arm, and perhaps some way to move the track record arm to next/previous track. If there was a way to have a new start point, so that I'm recording I can either return to zero or return to the last start point, repeatedly for doing multiple attempts of a difficult bit.
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks for your thoughts.

Giel Bremmers
synthalabim

Post by synthalabim »

Totally agree with stubbsonic! But the more, the better, and if the volume faders were accessible via midi, we could also utilise hardware controllers for mixing.
The ideal midi mapping situation imo is being able to map everything on the screen in a mapping mode that enables one to touch a ui element, then move the chosen hardware fader/whatever to map it.
This would enable us to use more dedicated controllers like the korg nanokontrol studio.
In my case, I don‘t have this controller with me all the time, but often have stuff like the akai mpk mini mk3 around. Being able to map the stuff stubbsonic mentioned would be the priority. Being able to map the other knobs, pads and the joystick (in this example) would be awesome and really enhance the workflow with MultitrackStudio for the ipad.
Thank you 🎶