Small workflow improvement request

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
MisplacedDevelopment

Small workflow improvement request

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

It would be nice if the multi-MIDI editor remembered the editor type that was in use when it was last closed. I almost always use the score editor and have to switch back to it from the default piano roll each time I bring up the multi-MIDI editor. Not a massive annoyance but does become noticeable when I am jumping in and out of the editor.

Thanks.
Support

Re: Small workflow improvement request

Post by Support »

Currently the Multi MIDI editor comes up with the editor type that's used by the track editors. That can be rather nice: if you show the percussion tracks in the multi MIDI editor it may show the Drum editor, and if you show some melodic tracks you'll get the pianoroll or score editor.

This won't work well if you never edit the individual tracks in the track editors. I guess that's what happens in your case?

Giel Bremmers
MisplacedDevelopment

Re: Small workflow improvement request

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

Ah, so it does - I had not realised it behaved that way. Yes, I do pretty much everything in the multi-MIDI editor. By going in to each of my tracks and selecting the score individually then it behaves as you suggest and defaults to the score in multi-MIDI mode. Seems to use whatever is the majority type across the tracks. Thanks for the tip!