Interfaces Confirmed to work with MTS for iPad?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
tmon

Interfaces Confirmed to work with MTS for iPad?

Post by tmon »

I presume that one can only use USB devices with the iPad, correct?
And, these, by way of using the "iPad Camera Connection Kit," correct?
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531 ... ection-kit

I am wondering what the maximum data rate is at the Apple connector, and whether or not there is a bottleneck?
Support

Re: Interfaces Confirmed to work with MTS for iPad?

Post by Support »

Yes, the camera connection kit is the way to go.

The USB device needs to be 'class compliant'. This basically means that it should work with OS X or Windows without installing a driver.

Note that only very tiny USB devices will work on the iPad battery. Larger devices with XLR connectors and MIDI etc. will either need their own power supply or you'll need a powered USB hub.

Any device that works with iPad is expected to work with MultitrackStudio. Google is your friend here. Some manufacturers mention iPad compatibility these days.

Giel Bremmers
Winn

Post by Winn »

I am having good luck with Alesis iodock :idea:

Winn
KenHardy

Post by KenHardy »

The Presonus AudioBus iTwo works beautifully with the iPad Air, and doesn't require a CCK because it interfaces to the iPad through the ipad's own charging device and its own lightening connector. Unlike the Griffin Studio Connect, it records in 24 bit (instead of 16 bit), has midi din in/out ports, phantom power, XLR inputs (2), zero latency headphone mixing, and built in WiFi. The sound quality is outstanding, and the price is only $159.00. FocusRite, Alesis, and Griffin models simply cannot compete. Dr. K.
Winn

Post by Winn »

KenHardy wrote: FocusRite, Alesis, and Griffin models simply cannot compete. Dr. K.
I use the video output from the dock in a live show, so as not to use a laptop on stage.
:|
tmon

Post by tmon »

I have an old 64GB iPad 3 (which is working fine) and so I'll have to get the old 30-pin. Coming back to this thread after three years because my 2009 Mac Book Pro is on the blink...yeah, 9 years of life out of a laptop that I've used for live band recording with MTS. Not bad, eh?
congokjt

Post by congokjt »

I use the Irig guitar interface. It plugs into the lightning port and works immediately. No connection kit needed. I use it for my microphone as well.
For midi I got a cable to convert midi output to USB then I got a USB to lightning connecter. The second one is all you need for a newer keyboard.

I think you can get an Irig that does midi and audio.
qaratechop

Post by qaratechop »

Apogee One works AOK, has two inputs, includes a not bad condenser mic and charges your iPad at the same time.
tmon

Post by tmon »

I have an old Focusrite DSP24 and Sapphire Pro that I will be chaining together for 10 mic inputs...so, I'll take the USB output of the Sapphire into the camera kit USB to the 32-pin into my old iPad....I am presuming that this will work.