IAA - list of apps that do/don't work

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
sm7x7

Re: IAA - list of apps that do/don't work

Post by sm7x7 »

Next app: iTuttle. It uploads fine, but the sound disappers, not just in MTS, but in the app itself as well. Crash report has been sent.
sm7x7

Post by sm7x7 »

CTRL app. Loads, but opens for a dark screen. No sound.
Support

Post by Support »

Nils Andriessen wrote:The only thing I really miss is a rewind button next to play in the upper right corner. Now you first have to go to the left to rewind.
Instead of using the 'play' button on the right you could double-tap the thumb that indicates the current position. So you'd have to tap on the left once to rewind, and then double-tap to start.

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks for all the comments!

Many apps crash when transport starts/stops. MultitrackStudio appears to be doing things many apps aren't happy with. This will be corrected in the next update.

Giel Bremmers
Nils Andriessen

Post by Nils Andriessen »

Support wrote:
Nils Andriessen wrote:The only thing I really miss is a rewind button next to play in the upper right corner. Now you first have to go to the left to rewind.
Instead of using the 'play' button on the right you could double-tap the thumb that indicates the current position. So you'd have to tap on the left once to rewind, and then double-tap to start.

Giel Bremmers
Yes I could. Actually I do but it feels weird to tap twice to start. A rewind left, next to the playbutton would be great.

Nils A.
Mgmg4871

Post by Mgmg4871 »

Any progress on IAA fix. Thanks.
Support

Post by Support »

Mgmg4871 wrote:Any progress on IAA fix. Thanks.
The problem of the crashing apps has been fixed. If all goes well an update should be available in a week or so.

Giel Bremmers
sm7x7

Post by sm7x7 »

Good news! Thanks Giel! Really appreciate your hard work! :)
Mgmg4871

Post by Mgmg4871 »

Many thanks Giel.
KenHardy

Post by KenHardy »

Also agree 100% on the need for a rewind button near the start button. Thick fingered bozo's like me keep hitting the SONG button every time I try to reset the transport to the Start position. I've never seen a recording software program that didn't have one. Extra finger dragging to reset tracks isn't really needed for non-clutzy folks who can touch the start point easily, but having a rewind button right next to the start-stop-record buttons is just plain ole "tape deck" intuitive. Only been playing with the ipad MTS app for a few hours, but so far I love it!!
A.I.R. Studio

Post by A.I.R. Studio »

Drum Perfect does not show up in MTS IAA plugin list. Actually there are quite a few that don't show up. Any explanation as to why these all show up in Auria, Meteor, Garageband, but not MTS. Shouldn't these be showing up and working by now in this app? Cheers.
Support

Post by Support »

A.I.R. Studio wrote:Drum Perfect does not show up in MTS IAA plugin list. Actually there are quite a few that don't show up. Any explanation as to why these all show up in Auria, Meteor, Garageband, but not MTS. Shouldn't these be showing up and working by now in this app? Cheers.
Apps that don't show up are 'generator' type apps, ie. apps that don't expose MIDI or audio inputs when used as IAA. I'm not sure if allowing these type of apps in effect or instrument slots makes sense, as it's currently not possible to record the audio output while 'playing' the app's UI. Apps that generate output without being touched could make sense though. A drum app for example could (in theory) read the tempo map and drum along.

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

Support wrote:Apps that don't show up are 'generator' type apps, ie. apps that don't expose MIDI or audio inputs when used as IAA. I'm not sure if allowing these type of apps in effect or instrument slots makes sense, as it's currently not possible to record the audio output while 'playing' the app's UI. Apps that generate output without being touched could make sense though. A drum app for example could (in theory) read the tempo map and drum along.
In the next update these 'generator' type apps can be used in a MIDI track's Instrument Slot. Apps like DrumPerfect can integrate nicely this way.

Giel Bremmers
Littlewoodg

Post by Littlewoodg »

Mr Bremmers!
Fantastic software for iOS - continues to amaze, the experience led me to buy Pro plus for my PC, which also amazes.
I'm having a strange problem using IAA in iOS MTS with certain apps, and it may be user error: midi out and audio in from instruments plays when I drag the transport position "head" across midi notes on the piano roll, but these notes do not play when I press play...true of a handful of synths and drum machines. As I said this might be my error, or a problem with the code of these apps.
Support

Post by Support »

Littlewoodg wrote:Fantastic software for iOS - continues to amaze, the experience led me to buy Pro plus for my PC, which also amazes.
:-)
Littlewoodg wrote:I'm having a strange problem using IAA in iOS MTS with certain apps, and it may be user error: midi out and audio in from instruments plays when I drag the transport position "head" across midi notes on the piano roll, but these notes do not play when I press play...true of a handful of synths and drum machines. As I said this might be my error, or a problem with the code of these apps.
When you're scrubbing the editor the IAA app runs at a low buffer size, in order to ensure a low latency. This is the same buffer size the app would use if it ran stand-alone, so this is well within any app's comfort zone.

During playback however the IAA app runs at a higher buffer size. This is perfectly valid, however a couple of apps have problems with this. Which apps do show this behavior? On top of my head I think Arctic ProSynth is the only one I'm aware of.

Giel Bremmers