Future development (MTS users please chime in!)

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Support

Re: Future development (MTS users please chime in!)

Post by Support »

@carnbot:

Thanks for all the suggestions! Know what problems you encounter is very helpful.

Giel Bremmers
dinoroo

Post by dinoroo »

A midi humanizer feature would be cool... to make imported midi files sound less rigid and computerized. Randomized midi note velocity and timing (plus or minus a random amount of milliseconds, maximum defined by user), and tonality, since humans rarely play natural instruments in perfect pitch (plus or minus a random number of cents, maximum amount defined by user). Could also even randomize the amount of modulation.

It would also be interesting to be able to copy/paste midi note velocity data from one track to another.
CyrillPhilippoff

Post by CyrillPhilippoff »

Hi,

1)Can you add "Multi Effect" container.
http://www.multitrackstudio.com/multieffect.php
If it is possible for iPad. :D

2) Spectrum display in channel EQ. It is only displayed when EQ on Master.

Thanks.
Support

Post by Support »

CyrillPhilippoff wrote:Can you add "Multi Effect" container.
All 'container' effects are missing from the iPad version because the nested effect windows would be a bit weird on iOS.

Why do you want it? Do you need more effect slots?

Giel Bremmers
CyrillPhilippoff

Post by CyrillPhilippoff »

Support wrote:
CyrillPhilippoff wrote:Can you add "Multi Effect" container.
All 'container' effects are missing from the iPad version because the nested effect windows would be a bit weird on iOS.

Why do you want it? Do you need more effect slots?

Giel Bremmers
Yes, sometimes I need more effect slots in channel track. iAA multi-effect processor apps, apply effects and Group channel (+3 fx slot) not always help.
shufflebeat

Post by shufflebeat »

New poster, MTS user for about 1yr on iPad only.

Full marks for the app, the forum and dev engagement and responsiveness.

I came to MTS as a working muso building rehearsal tracks for others, basic frameworks which could be sent out for band members to get a basic idea before all getting together. MTS was special because, at the time, none but the big players had time signature control and the fact that MTS did showed a level of musical sophistication (pretty basic really) which other apps didn't seem to consider important.

As time has gone by, and particularly with the last few updates (midi note editing - absolute genius and so obvious once you've seen it) you have made my iPad the first and last port of call for everything but finished recordings and even that might be changing soon.

I work with folk musicians and the use of time sig switching, sometimes arbitrary but often very clever requires me to build some pretty complicated maps across songs. It would be a great help if it were possible to choose which sigs were available as default suggestions, either for a particular song or generally. I wouldn't be surprised if this existed already, that often seems to be the case with MTS, I just can't find it if it does.

Maybe exporting time/tempo maps as well...

Keep up the great work.
dinoroo

Post by dinoroo »

I would really like to be able to select all instances of a specific midi note in a midi track. A long-press option on the left keyboard in the midi roll, perhaps?
Support

Post by Support »

dinoroo wrote:I would really like to be able to select all instances of a specific midi note in a midi track. A long-press option on the left keyboard in the midi roll, perhaps?
Maybe the drum editor can be of some help for now?

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Support wrote:
dinoroo wrote:I would really like to be able to select all instances of a specific midi note in a midi track. A long-press option on the left keyboard in the midi roll, perhaps?

Giel Bremmers
Please explain a bit more. Thanks
dinoroo

Post by dinoroo »

uncle808us wrote:
Support wrote:

Giel Bremmers
Please explain a bit more. Thanks
Not sure that really helps. I can highlight a row, but when I try to 'select all', the copy/paste/transpose functions don't seem to work. In the drum editor window, it would be nice to be able to long-press on the left side where the drum/note is listed and change the instrument/note to something else. That's primarily why I need to copy/paste large chunks of midi data.
Support

Post by Support »

dinoroo wrote:I can highlight a row, but when I try to 'select all', the copy/paste/transpose functions don't seem to work.
Copy/paste do work in any scenario I can think of right now. The editor needs to be in 'select part' mode if you want drag the selected notes.
dinoroo wrote:In the drum editor window, it would be nice to be able to long-press on the left side where the drum/note is listed and change the instrument/note to something else.
Try double-tapping :D

Giel Bremmers
dinoroo

Post by dinoroo »

Cool thanks.
qaratechop

Post by qaratechop »

Thanks very much for the many useful updates this year.

Here's a few suggestions for future feature additions:

- Pan controls in the Matrix Sampler
- Line drawing in the velocity control view, or at least some way of changing multiple notes to the same velocity in one go
- An auto-wah/envelope filter effect
qaratechop

Post by qaratechop »

Welp! I asked for an auto wah and it turned up in the next update about two hours later.

That has to be some kind of record. Thanks very much as always.
Support

Post by Support »

qaratechop wrote:Line drawing in the velocity control view, or at least some way of changing multiple notes to the same velocity in one go
Are you aware of the 'pen' button in the bottom left corner of the velocity editor? If so, how's what your asking for different?
qaratechop wrote:Welp! I asked for an auto wah and it turned up in the next update about two hours later.
Yeah, I'm sorry you had to wait for two hours :mrgreen: .

Giel Bremmers