Future development (MTS users please chime in!)

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
maarten

Future development (MTS users please chime in!)

Post by maarten »

Multitrackstudio is getting better and better! The extension pack was a very nice addition. Personally, I'd love to see more of these packs to make the iPad version similar to the desktop pro plus version. Features from the pro version that are most valuable for me personally are:

- sampler with the built in patch editor (there is a very lively thread on the audiobus forum where users
are discussing their need for a good sampler to use in ios music apps. A native sampler for MTS would
be most welcome!)
- clip shelf and garage bin (this way we can store ideas for future use)
- chord and lyrics editor (with chord track and lyrics prompter)
- preset system for the effects
- multiple/alternate takes
- full automation
- more effect slots

With these additions, MTS will be very tough competition for the existing top ios DAWS like Auria, Meteor and Cubasis.

I'd love other MTS users go chime in and name features from the pro plus version that they would like to see in the iPad version. As I think MTS is an amazing app, I'd advise mr. Bremmers to keep an eye on the audiobus forum, as this one of the hotspots where the development of ios music apps is discussed through user requests. It is very much appreciated when developers involve themselves in the forum! Keep up the good work mister Bremmers!
maarten

Re: Future development (MTS users please chime in!)

Post by maarten »

One more suggestion:

In a recent Audibus forum thread about MTS http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/4919/ ... on#Item_17 several forum members showed their interest in the extension pack, but were a bit reluctant due to the steep price. I think it would be a good thing to break down the extension packs into smaller features that can be purchased seperately, with the option of buying the whole pack with a small discount.

Regarding my request for the addition of the sampler from the pro plus version of MTS (see my previous post), I'd be happy to create instrument presets to share with other MTS users!
rophone

Post by rophone »

I would like to see AUDIO STRETCH BY MARKERS, to repair incorrect recordings...
Also MIDI OUT - channel select for each track...
Littlewoodg

Post by Littlewoodg »

More aux sends, please.
...and a wav. Sampler with all the possible sample editing features - trim, stretch, tune, etc - with a 4x4 MPC style live play interface, w/choke groups etc...
I feel greedy, but...not too greedy to ask. :D
Hello Mr. Bremmers! thanks a ton for the latest updates to MultitrackStudio mobile, and Pro Plus!
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks for the suggestions!

Giel Bremmers
maarten

Post by maarten »

maarten

Post by maarten »

Back with another feature request. I'd like to see the abillity to record inter app audio apps into MTS with the keyboard of the respective iaa app. A lot of apps have special keyboard functionality that is not available in MTS at the moment. For example in Thumbjam there is the wonderful ability to play scales and beatmaker apps like the new IMPC Pro have drum pads in a 4x4 matrix. Both keyboard layouts have advantages over the standard piano keyboard, so being able to actually use them within MTS is very important for me personally. Another option would be to incorporate a keyboard with scales and MPC like drumpads in MTS of course.
maarten

Post by maarten »

One feature I'm also missing, is being able to load an IAA generator app (synth or sampler) into an audio track and directly record the audio from the app into MTS.
Support

Post by Support »

maarten wrote:I'd like to see the abillity to record inter app audio apps into MTS with the keyboard of the respective iaa app.
Would you like to record this as audio or MIDI? I don't think recording this as MIDI is possible. IAA doesn't support sending MIDI to the host AFAIK.

Giel Bremmers
maarten

Post by maarten »

I'm not sure if it's possible to send midi from an iaa app to its host either, but being able to record audio direcly into MTS would be nice.
Support

Post by Support »

maarten wrote:I'm not sure if it's possible to send midi from an iaa app to its host either, but being able to record audio direcly into MTS would be nice.
But you can do that with Audiobus already. Why do you prefer IAA?

Giel Bremmers
maarten

Post by maarten »

Hi Giel,

I prefer IAA over Audiobus because of the faster workflow (I don't have to set up as much). Secondly, IMPC Pro by Retronyms (an app that I'll be using quite a bit) only has IAA support and the company behind it (Retronyms) doesn't seem to keen on implementing Audiobus in their apps. That aside, my previous request (being able to record into MTS with the keyboard of aan IAA app) is far more important to me personally.
maarten

Post by maarten »

In favor of my IAA audio request, I forgot to mention that apps that are updated with the Audiobus 2.1 sdk, get IAA node functionality out of the box. This means that we're probably going to see a lot of apps that can function as an IAA node in the near future. Given this fact, adding IAA audio recording to MTS makes sense imho, as it is less of hassle than opening Audiobus first.
maarten

Post by maarten »

In my initial post in this thread, I requested for a port of the MTS desktop sampler to the iPad version of the app. This request still stands. However, after having given it some more thought, I'd like to suggest an improvement to the original sampler as well. How about:

1) the ability to load a wave file (either through the existing options Audioshare, Audiopaste and iTunes and - in addition to
this - by sampling the input, the master output, or an IAA instrument),
2) being able to freely add slice markers to this file and
3) the ability to play the slices with an MPC style on screen beat pad (4x4 pad matrix).

I know for a fact that there is a lot of interest in an in-host type of sampler of this kind in the ios music production community. Additions of this kind would make MTS a little more performance oriented.
maarten

Post by maarten »

And while I'm at it... I'd really like to see this feature in the iPad version too:

Export: Save the selected part to a new file.

The Clip shelf is great for storing ideas for future use in MTS, whereas the export function is great for copying and pasting bits of audio into other apps, (I personaly use Samplr a lot! Highly recommended) that can be used in tandem with MTS either through audiobus or iaa.

Also, would you care to give us an indication of what you're aiming at with the iPad version of MTS? Are you planning on slowly porting all, or at least most of the functionality of the desktop version to the iPad (which is what I'm hoping for. The Hardware is improving with every new iPad, so that shouldn't set any limits) or is MTS for iPad planned to stay the little brother of the desktop version?

Giel, in return for your hard work, I'm volunteering to do some in depth tutorial videos for the ipad version of the app. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any wishes or suggestions regarding these videos.

Met vriendelijke groeten :D (regards)

Maarten Schalley