Future development (MTS users please chime in!)

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
qaratechop

Re: Future development (MTS users please chime in!)

Post by qaratechop »

Support wrote: Are you aware of the 'pen' button in the bottom left corner of the velocity editor? If so, how's what your asking for different?
I'm aware of the pen. But if you don't have a steady hand you can end up with meandering velocities when you're trying to get a group of notes all at the same level or an even velocity increase/decrease.

Using a line would be much the same as in any other control change view, i.e. create two points and the controller (in this case velocity) changes evenly across the X and Y distance between these points. Or is exactly the same for all notes if the Y value is the same.

I understand this would be a bit different from other controller values as you're not actually creating an automation that runs with each playback. I guess the concept would be somewhere between setting a duration change for multiple notes and drawing a controller change.

Maybe in practice it could work something like: select the line tool; touch a point where you want the line to start (hold to create a precise value); touch a second point where you want the line to end (hold to create a precise value); then the values along the line change accordingly.

From memory some version of Sonar I previously used had something akin to this capability, if that's any help whatsoever.

I notice there's even a blank square between the bar and the pen to put a little plus sign or whatever symbol you would use for such a tool, so at least you've got that bit worked out :)

Also I'm noticing the latest update has an issue with AudioShare import/export. I keep getting the message that I don't have it installed, but it is on my iPad and up to date. I've tried deleting and reinstalling AudioShare but the same issue has occurred. I have the same thing with the new Dropbox import. It actually doesn't show as an option at all. Though I haven't tried deleting and reinstalling that particular app.
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks for explaining.

Please see this topic for the AudioShare issue: http://www.multitrackstudio.com/forum/v ... f=4&t=2269

Giel Bremmers
maarten

Post by maarten »

I really like the the addition of the three stompbox slots to the guitar amp effect and thought it would be awesome if each cell of the Matrix sampler could get three independent effect slots as well. This way we can sculpt each individual sample in a non-destructive way with additional effects, instead of applying the effects destructively before pasting the sample to a cell of the matrix sampler. An alternative would be to add multiple effect send knobs to each cell so we could feed each cell independently through one or more effect returns. Secondly I'd love to see longer sampling time for the matrix sampler. I love to jam out song structures with the matrix sampler an 6 seconds isn't enough most of the time for my riffs and melodies. Thirdly it would be cool if we could get multiple banks of 16 pads in the matrix sampler. Right now I have several matrix sampler presets for both drum and cymbal sounds. It would be niche to have them all in one preset. As always, you're hard work is very much appreciated! MTS for iPad is a joy to work with!

Best regards,

Maarten
dinoroo

Post by dinoroo »

Here's an odd request. It would be great if a soundfont could simulate polyphonic aftertouch like on a synth. This would be useful, for instance, on a SF2 that has a sharp attack like a pluck. Thumjam can sort-of do this with its instruments in the edit settings. It's a slider called 'legato' that adjusts how the sample plays in ms somehow. Not sure if it's even possible with SF2 but I thought I would throw it out there.
pstone19

Post by pstone19 »

Would it be possible to get a "bin" view (like multitrack daw or cubasis) where the audio files can be sliced and moved around more easily?
Honestly this app is amazing, I just find the track view a little hard to navigate.
maarten

Post by maarten »

i'd like to see the addition of ADSR controls to the soundfont player.
Cykosabatron

Post by Cykosabatron »

1- One thing(not a gripe but still felt suggestion may be beneficial) the user guide when accessed through the app via studio could be made larger, as clicking off the page returns you to MtS. Not a huge problem, but if the user guide would recall where you were so that you could go right back it would be great.

This could also be overcome with a "Heading" section at the top of the guide section which would lead to the section it pertained to.

2- Either I myself lack the retention and reading skills to accurately gain knowledge from the user guide or quite possibly it may be incomprehensive to others as well. I feel a more broken-down version of it would be phenomenal. I have spent several hours and all I have accomplished is a click track.

Most notably the sections pertaining to controlling other apps could use a little sprucing up as I still don't know if I need to for instance simply set tempo and changes of song in song edit and let the apps do what they can, or if I need to program the sequence in MTS under drums and somehow use the sounds of the other apps through IAA. These prolonged ignorances on my behalf are not to your blame, although I feel the guide could educate us a little better.
qaratechop

Post by qaratechop »

Another request from me.

Would it be possible to allow Groups to be ordered in any way, i.e. including between other tracks.

Or could they be colour coded in the same way as other tracks.

Or could it be made so you could give Groups some other custom tag.

Or all of the above.
dblonde

Post by dblonde »

External control from usb mixers via MC control :D Would be very nice in my humble oppinion.
pichi

Post by pichi »

Hi. I'd like to have more tracks (pro version). I do a lot of takes and like to have many dormant tracks to switch between while recording to decide on the best one. With only 32 tracks I need to back up to Audioshare when hitting the 32 track limit.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

The 32 track limit seems reasonable for an iPad DAW. Having dormant takes that you can choose seems like a reasonable way to avoid an additional CPU load. Perhaps having a command to move takes to a "holding area" would work, but it does seem like a can of worms. Especially given the space limitations on a well-stocked iPad.

As a work-around, you could bounce your reference mix down to stereo, open another project with that mix as a stereo track, then work on whatever part you need the takes for. You could create multiple projects until you get all your takes comped.
vince-noir-99

Post by vince-noir-99 »

Hello, I couldn't find it mentioned elsewhere in the forum.. I wonder if other users would care to have a Ring Modulator effect inside MTS. It's one of my favourite FX. There is already a Tremolo, so it would suffice making the rate go past 10Hz.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I like Ring Modulation (AM). And the idea to bump the frequency range of the tremolo seems like a reasonable one. What's the typical range of a Ring Mod?
vince-noir-99

Post by vince-noir-99 »

stubbsonic wrote:I like Ring Modulation (AM). And the idea to bump the frequency range of the tremolo seems like a reasonable one. What's the typical range of a Ring Mod?

I'm not sure about the typical ranges but I guess anything within the audio range and beyond :mrgreen: qualifies as RM/AM. I'm particularly fond of 'tuned' RM where the modulating frequency adjusts at musical intervals rather than being fixed. I've been able to create such effect with MaxMSP before, but relying on pitch detection, it can be a bit wobbly, depending on the source material. Otherwise, allowing the Mod frequency to be another live signal makes everything much easier (basically just a multiplier) and one can get some wicked results.

PS: Sonic Charge's Echobode (which is an excellent frequency shifter) ranges between 0 and 20KHz! Which makes it ideal for anything thanks to its built-in delay: phasing, flanging, chorusing, RM/AM...
padbury

Post by padbury »

Bluetooth headphone / speaker support!

Currently Bluetooth switches off when MTS iPad app started, including any background audio from other apps, reverting to the hardware speakers.

Can only hear MTS iPad with wired headphones / speakers which are rapidly being displaced by wireless worldwide.

For example: Sol Republic Shadow Wireless earbuds or UE Megaboom BT speakers.