Future development (MTS users please chime in!)

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Colrik

Re: Future development (MTS users please chime in!)

Post by Colrik »

Hello,

I recently bought the ipad version of MTS and... waow! a miracle happened. I can now dream of what a real DAW for ipad could be if developers take ios seriously: a precise Midi editing, fine FXs, open to outer world (AU, IAA, SF player, Virtual Midi... ) and the idea of using cents in pitchbend values is fantastic for microtonality.

My suggested improvements:

- split selected note(s) under cursor;
- more options in 'Snap' menu: snap cursor to note-on, snap cursor to note-off, snap note to cursor;
- more options in 'Split into equal parts' : 1/11, 1/13 etc;
- a Duplicate note function: paste right at the end of current note (handy to paste a note out of grid);
- improvements in the display of tuplets et particularly in subdivided tuplets or when notes are tied into a tuplet;
- program changes;
- editing attack and release of the loaded soundfont;

That's all I can see about Midi editing

Cheers
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I like those ideas. I'd find several of them pretty useful. Particularly splitting at the wiper, pasting at note end, and more Split into equal parts options.
djjuniorpops

Post by djjuniorpops »

pstone19 wrote:Would it be possible to get a "bin" view (like multitrack daw or cubasis) where the audio files can be sliced and moved around more easily?
Honestly this app is amazing, I just find the track view a little hard to navigate.
I like this request a lot , that's the problem with editing.
qaratechop

Post by qaratechop »

Thanks for the recent update to the Compressor effect.

I’m hoping a future update could include a way to show the title currently loaded song.

Perhaps holding down the Song menu would show the current song title at the bottom of the screen, or something like that.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Might be wandering a little out of the "lane" but would love to see a separate, stand-alone pitch-to-MIDI utility with super-fast conversion, and perhaps even polyphonic capability.

MIDImorphosis (Secret Base Design) is now defunct. I sort of wonder if they might be willing to do some kind of cooperative deal with another developer to dust it off and get it working again. I can imagine that could be a tricky arrangement. Still, there aren't any apps covering that function that I know of.
mrsd

Post by mrsd »

I was just wondering if chord track has been added to the iOS version? If not do you have any ETA ?
I would really love to have chord track in iOS version!
Support

Post by Support »

You mean the tracks that are automatically generated from the chords? No, that's not in the iPad version.

Giel Bremmers
mrsd

Post by mrsd »

yes, the tracks that are automatically generated from the chords.
Do you have any plans to add it to the iOS version?
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

maarten wrote: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:45 pm I.
- a 'strum' option in the midi editor. When entering a chord, the strum option would enable you to turn
the chord into an arpeggio. This feature is very nicely implemented in FL studio as the following video
shows:http://youtu.be/BS6pX5gh9F0. I don't know if this is possible as I'm not an app
developer, but maybe the relative position of the notes in the strummed chord could be controlled with
a pinch gesture or by placing one finger of each hand on the screen and pulling them outwards in
opposite directions.

In general, FL Studio has a host of very musical midi editing options like inverting notes, etc. Features like this would really be a nice addition to MTS.
Has this suggestion been considered yet. A strum option would be a great addition to MTS.(Desktop and IOS)
Thanks
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

NuRack is an Auv3 FX system from 4Pockets.com for iOS that is getting very frequent updates and additions. That developer recently added a MIDI strummer module now. Check out the videos and see if that does what you need.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Thanks stubbsonic:
I looked at that it's a bit involved for me being slow on the uptake.. :D
I have already purchased on RhythmBud V.1.3.0 from the app store seems simple enough but I can't understand how to use it in multitrack studio on the iPad
Multitrack Studio shows up in the RhythmBud settings but as to what to do next I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again if I can get it to work it is what I need.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

I got it figured out. Thanks again stubbsonic.
MisplacedDevelopment

Re: Future development (MTS users please chime in!

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

A few minor workflow improvement suggestions having used MTS quite a bit recently:

1. Solo/mute buttons in the multi-MIDI editor score view. Just a simple S and M button next to the stave would be useful to isolate tracks.
2. Export MIDI option in the pattern “Options” menu. Even better, with a pattern selected in the timeline then copy to AudioShare should save the MIDI with the name of the pattern, or concatenation of track and pattern names. This will create some good synergy with other clip based apps e.g. LK and Atom 2. At the moment copy to AudioShare with a pattern selected saves an empty MIDI file.
3. Global option to export only the MIDI notes and none of the automation.

Thanks.
MisplacedDevelopment

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

Another one throw into the hat is the ability to save patterns which are specific to the project and which can be accessed by any track in the project. These could be stored in a separate category, or maybe a folder under User Presets.
Mimmo

Post by Mimmo »

Hello, I’m from Italy and I like this beautiful program
However I had my wish list
First need a normalise function on audio edit
Second the remote app must work in the iPad version of MTS
Third the chord recon should work on selection with multi chord
Fourth the chord extension should work with scales major minor
Example if I put a C A E F in major = C major a minor e minor F major
But your work is still awesome and this daw is 3 step ahead of the other.
Greetings