How to extend an audio waveform's duration in edit mode?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
KenHardy

How to extend an audio waveform's duration in edit mode?

Post by KenHardy »

I actually posted a suggestion on this topic below, but got no reply. So I would like to pose it as a formal question to Giel, as I may be missing something. In the excellent track editor of your MTS for IPAD V1.4.1 app, all sorts of wonderful things can be done to edit an audio waveform, including pitch correction, fading in/out, truncation, copy/paste/delete/move, volume adjust, and reverse play. However, I do not see a way to simply extend the length/duration of an audio wave form. Am I missing something? All too often I will choke a single note too soon, deadened a string prematurely, accidentally deleted a section of a sustaining chord, etc., and then need to simply extend the duration of that audio waveform. However, I am unaware of any editing feature in MTS for iPad which facilitates this. I have tried copying upstream segments of the waveform and pasting them on the tail end of the waveform, but this almost always creates an audible "clip" in the resulting lengthened sound. The ability to smoothly extend the audio of a note or chord's duration is clearly technically possible, as it is available as a feature in most sophisticated music recording/editing programs. How can this be done in MTS for iPad?
Thanks for all the assistance.
Dr. K.
Support

Re: How to extend an audio waveform's duration in edit mode?

Post by Support »

KenHardy wrote:I actually posted a suggestion on this topic below, but got no reply.
Even a 3 day holiday gets noticed, apparently :-)

The iPad version currently doesn't feature audio stretching. It's on the list (which is pretty long...).

Giel Bremmers
KenHardy

Re: How to extend an audio waveform's duration in edit mode?

Post by KenHardy »

Sorry. I really didn't mean to rush you. I just didn't want my request to slip through the cracks. I'm so delighted to hear that the "note stretching" feature is on the list. The list of suggestions for MTS is indeed long, and some are unrealistic given the constraints on the iPad. BUT I truly hope this basic, yet incredibly important, feature is prioritized. I would suggest adding it as an in-app purchase....I would gladly purchase it TODAY!

Thanks again. Dr. K.