MTS transport and MIDI sequencers...

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
papertiger

MTS transport and MIDI sequencers...

Post by papertiger »

Has anyone had any luck with getting MTS transport to control MIDI sequencers (Xynthesizr, Quincy, and MidiSequencer in particular), and vice versa? I've been able to record MIDI sequencers into MTS, but it requires flipping back and forth. I've ended up loading MIDI sequencers into Audiobus just for the side panel.

Thanks in advance for any experience shares...

M
Support

Re: MTS transport and MIDI sequencers...

Post by Support »

If you're not using IAA you can send MIDI Clock to apps. This is all an app needs to sync to MultitrackStudio. Tap Studio, then tap Devices and use the "MIDI Click to apps" setting. The app needs to support this of course.

If you're using IAA there should be no need to send MIDI Clock to the app. This is what the manual says:

"Do not use MIDI Clock to sync the app with MultitrackStudio. The IAA protocol provides means for syncing in a far more reliable way. If an IAA app needs MIDI Clock please ask the developer to support syncing via IAA."

Giel Bremmers
papertiger

Re: MTS transport and MIDI sequencers...

Post by papertiger »

Ok, thanks. I'm coming from a traditional DAW background and hardware synths, so I was looking for respond to/send MIDI start/stop option. I'll give things a better try and hope that it is a simple matter of sending MIDI clock to the sequencers.

Thanks for your response!