multichannel output for MTS?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
carnbot

multichannel output for MTS?

Post by carnbot »

Hi,
I'm a new user and think it's a great app so far seems very solid :)

A couple of queries. Is there a plan to support multichannel output?
In the studio settings I can only select 1 stereo output at a time. It would be great to be able to assign different output channels for each track when using an audio interface with the iPad.

I'm finding virtual midi is not working with Elastic drums yet it does work via other apps (note triggering) Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Feature request: Please display the midi channel connected on the track details on the left so you don't have to press a button to see what channel it's on.

many thanks!
Support

Re: multichannel output for MTS?

Post by Support »

carnbot wrote:Is there a plan to support multichannel output?
It's under consideration.
carnbot wrote:I'm finding virtual midi is not working with Elastic drums yet it does work via other apps (note triggering)
Does it appear in the list of MIDI instruments? If so, did you make sure the app is responding to the MIDI channel MultitrackStudio uses?
carnbot wrote:Feature request: Please display the midi channel connected on the track details on the left so you don't have to press a button to see what channel it's on.
Noted.

Giel Bremmers
A.I.R.Studio

Post by A.I.R.Studio »

I think this should be more than just a consideration. Most if not all new iOS or core audio compliant audio interfaces are including multiple outputs and have been for quite some time. I personally just ordered a mixer with 22 outputs and I need to use them for analog summing. If MTS is to remain a viable and modern iPad daw than I think it needs to keep up to what's happening in the interface world. What good is a multi out iPad interface if the software doesn't allow you to use it. That very important feature becomes useless and a waste of money. An output matrix is what is required here just like my option to select which input I desire to record a track from, I should also be able to select which output that track should sent to. Auria has had this multi route output for years. If MTS remains a 2 out for much longer the buyers of these multi out interfaces will have to look elsewhere in order to get the full potential from their new audio interface. The list is endless as to why we need these multi outs and any decent engineer knows this. And yes some of us actually run our iPads in our full blown studios with great investments in external audio gear that we need to use. Cheers.
A.I.R.Studio

Post by A.I.R.Studio »

Thank you for listening to your most loyal users like me. Having the new multichannel audio output matrix is a wonderful upgrade to your very Pro iPad daw. I have tested all the output groups and I was able to send any track I wanted to my external hardware. I am currently working on a video that will feature Multitrack Studio's new multichannel output and will sample how this is done on an iPad.
Cheers and thanks For this great feature. :D
carnbot

Post by carnbot »

Great update, thanks Giel :)
Support

Post by Support »

I'm glad you like it :D

Giel Bremmers