New User - need some help

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
wigglelights

New User - need some help

Post by wigglelights »

Hi
After getting caught up in recent mentions of MTS elsewhere, and poking around here and Youtube, I picked up MTS over the weekend.
I also own (use and enjoy) Cubasis and Auria. I generally record midi and some audio in Cubasis, and mix in Auria. I was specifically interested in MTS, from what I read, based on it's midi editing - but the audio editing and processing looks promising as well.
And I did have some great luck this weekend cleaning up some midi tracks! MTS certainly has a different interface/approach than other DAWs I've worked with, and I'm looking forward to learning it!

I ran into a couple of things recording-wise I couldn't work out though, and need some help - issues relating to iFretless Guitar and IAA/Virtual MIDI. I did spend time searching the boards, but I'm missing some understanding I hope someone can help with. I know I'm missing some part of the workflow....

What I was trying to do was record midi out of iFretless to a midi track, that I could then clean up and convert to audio (using iFretless Guitar). I added a new midi track, selected virtual midi, selected iFretless as an input in Devices, and created an audiobus audio track with iFG in the input slot. The iFG parts are separated time-wise in the track (Intro, bridge, etc).
So I enabled record, switched via AB to iFG, and hit record for the intro. Check - all good. The challenge was in stopping, and moving the play head to the next section, I could no longer get MTS to see/record midi data from iFG.

I will admit that my troubleshooting process was pretty haphazard, mostly due to being new to this app.
But - I tried various options. Selecting vifr, and IAA. Also trying the two "send" options in iFG. But I just couldn't get it to work after the initial try.
I did notice under IAA there are two entries for iFG (and iFBass). Tried both...
Anyways, got to point where I'm opting to ask.

Many thanks in advance!
Support

Re: New User - need some help

Post by Support »

wigglelights wrote:What I was trying to do was record midi out of iFretless to a midi track, that I could then clean up and convert to audio (using iFretless Guitar). I added a new midi track, selected virtual midi, selected iFretless as an input in Devices,
You mean you selected iFretless Guitar in the Studio menu's Devices pane? I's best not to select it there, but make iFretless Guitar send the data to the 'MTS Virtual MIDI Recording' destination instead.
wigglelights wrote: The challenge was in stopping, and moving the play head to the next section, I could no longer get MTS to see/record midi data from iFG.
Does killing iFretless Guitar (using the multitasking bar) and launching it again make it work again?

Giel Bremmers