Track Limitations

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
cianoc

Track Limitations

Post by cianoc »

I've been looking at MTS for a while and the thing that always prevents me from buying it is the track limitations. Is there a technical reason for this (I notice there's no such limitation on desktop)? Are there any plans to do away with the track limitations in the future? This just feels like a strange limitation in what is otherwise an extremely powerful DAW.
Littlewoodg

Re: Track Limitations

Post by Littlewoodg »

cianoc wrote:I've been looking at MTS for a while and the thing that always prevents me from buying it is the track limitations. Is there a technical reason for this (I notice there's no such limitation on desktop)? Are there any plans to do away with the track limitations in the future? This just feels like a strange limitation in what is otherwise an extremely powerful DAW.
I would also like to see track limits lifted, this the final frontier for my feature requests (I've had all my other wishes fulfilled, and more...)
unlimited tracks on my PC version are definitely appreciated!
Support

Re: Track Limitations

Post by Support »

iOS apps can use only a limited amount of memory. That's different from computers, where memory is virtual (ie. a swap file will be used if necessary). A computer program that uses a lot of memory will 'just' become slow, whereas an iOS app will be terminated. The MultitrackStudio for iPad track limits reflect this inherent limitation.

Giel Bremmers