Don’t laugh (ok maybe you can).. Metronome monitoring?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
NoTech

Don’t laugh (ok maybe you can).. Metronome monitoring?

Post by NoTech »

New user here. Please expect and forgive occasional super-rudimentary questions from me. :lol:

Would someone let me know why when I set my metronome to a tempo, select a click-tone, enable recording with the click track track’s record button, make sure my headphone volume is up and press the ‘record’ bar, that I am not hearing any audio while recording or playing back? Also, the sound level meter is inacive.
Thank you.
NT
Support

Re: Don’t laugh (ok maybe you can).. Metronome monitoring?

Post by Support »

The Add Click Track options adds a ready-made click track. You don't need to record it.

The click track actually is a MIDI track. If you record over it without playing a MIDI keyboard you record silence.

Giel Bremmers
NoTech

Post by NoTech »

Thank you for the personal reply, Mr. Bremmer-
I shall try again. ..I gather what you’re saying is to simply record a track next to the click’s (track), without activating the “record” button on the click’s track..?
My assumption is/was that one would want to record the click track along with any others, so that when needing a count-in when overdubbing, it’d play back alongside your other tracks.
NT
Support

Post by Support »

NoTech wrote:I gather what you’re saying is to simply record a track next to the click’s (track), without activating the “record” button on the click’s track..?
That's correct
NoTech wrote: My assumption is/was that one would want to record the click track along with any others, so that when needing a count-in when overdubbing, it’d play back alongside your other tracks.
NT
The click track is a track already, so there's no need to turn it into a track.

Giel Bremmers
NoTech

Post by NoTech »

Just retuning to say thanks again Mr. Bremmer- all set on the metronome issue. I’ll continue to study. :D