Copy to a New Audio Track..fade-out/sustain note drop out.

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Drdrdaddeo

Copy to a New Audio Track..fade-out/sustain note drop out.

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

I’m using Sample Tanks as an IAA INSTRUMENT to record orchestral string notes using the MTS GUI KEYBOARD. Each note of the Sample Tank string ensemble patch has a lovely sustain/fade out after releasing the keyboard key (I.e. after the “key off” midi signal) . As long as playback is done from the MIDI track, the recording is perfect. However, if the Midi track is rendered to an Audio track by selecting “Copy to a New Audio Track”, that Audio Track plays back perfectly until the last string note is played, which terminates as soon as the key is released without its sustain/fade out. Playing around with this, it seems that all of the midi string notes that are rendered to audio notes will play perfectly as long as there is a final note played somewhere during the recording....and then that note will be attenuated each time. If only one midi note is recorded then rendered to audio, it will lose its fade-out/sustain. Any ideas on what is going on and what I need to do to get my MIDI tracks rendered perfectly to audio?

Thanks,
Drdrdaddeo
Support

Re: Copy to a New Audio Track..fade-out/sustain note drop ou

Post by Support »

You can use the controller editor to add a dot a couple of seconds after the last note. This makes MTS think the track is longer, and the release tail will be present in the audio.

Giel Bremmers
Drdrdaddeo

Re: Copy to a New Audio Track..fade-out/sustain note drop ou

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

Giel, you are a genius. That works perfectly. Interestingly, the volume dot just needs to be added some time after the midi sustained note normally ends, and then the audio will render perfectly. If the dot is added to the midi volume CONTR while the note is still sustaining, rendering to audio gives you the note plus that part of its sustain up to the place where the volume dot was added. Now it make perfectly good sense. Thank you so much.

Drdrdaddeo