Track Merge

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Drdrdaddeo

Track Merge

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

One of the great advantages of multitrack recording is the ability to create technically complex music as the product of a very creative, inventive musical mind.....despite limitations on pure technical ability and stylistic training. Thus individual tracks can be used, for ex. for left versus right hand keyboard parts, high vs low register string parts, individual notes as part of complex multi-note harmony sections, etc., etc. However in the absence of a track merge function, huge numbers of individual tracks often accumulate, and this can be complicated by track remove errors, esp. in the absence of a track undelete option.

Currently, the only way to accomplish a track merge in MTS is to turn off all tracks except the one’s destined to be merged, then to export the entire song as a single mix (presumably into Audioshare), then to copy that mix (which now has all the PLAY tracks merged into it) into General Pasteboard, then paste the mix back into MTS as a single merged track. Then of course you have to remove all the individual unmerged PLAY tracks, hoping you don’t accidentally remove the wrong one, as there is no “Track Undelete” option. I cannot over-stress how vital “Track Merge” and “Track Undelete” options would be for MTS, particularly for writers and players like myself who hear more creative music in their heads than they can deliver with their hands. Virtually every other pro-level DAW and multitrack recording program has a track merge function. In my mind MTS sits at the top of that list, and should not be without one.
Thanks,
Drdrdaddeo