Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
uncle808us

Guitar plug in for Multitrack Ios?

Post by uncle808us »

Is there anything?
Drdrdaddeo

Re: Guitar plug in for Multitrack Ios?

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

Please clarify your question. If you are referring to guitar instrument sounds which are triggered by MIDI, then yes many Apps are available that provide MIDI-triggered guitar sounds, including the authentic “MTS Instrument” MIDI player which is built into the MTS for IPad app. If you are simply seeking a way to “plug-in” a guitar into an ipad running IOS-based apps like MTS, then what you actually need is an external audio-digital interface. It converts the voltage output of a guitar into a high quality digital signal than is pluged into the USB port of an ipad, where it can be recorded, edited, mixed, converted to audio and played back. Many different companies manufacture such interfaces including Presonus, Alesis, FocuseRite, IK multimedia and others, and they range from very simple and inexpensice, to very complex and high end. More information would be needed to make any specific recommendations.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

I'm asking about a virtual guitar plug in for using as a guitar sound in Multitrack .
MIDI-triggered guitar sounds, including the authentic “MTS Instrument” MIDI player which is built into the MTS for IPad app.
Where do I find this instrument? And will it play back anything I write in the piano roll or score windows?
I hope this is a bit clearer.
Drdrdaddeo

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

i have no personal experience using authentic virtual instruments in MTS for ipad, beyond MTSI, Sample Tank and Korg Module. There is a “MIDI GUITAR 2 FOR IOS” which is available as an ios plug in, but you would have to check with Giel Bremmers to see about compatibility issues with MTS (as that plug in is reputable very CPU intensive and AudioBus incompatible).