Fx on selection

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Mendi

Fx on selection

Post by Mendi »

Hello :)

I’m new user of MTS on Ipad, (but not new daw user hehe, on ipad and on pc) i have the pro versions and the 64 tracks iap.
Your daw is very great, i use most of daw on this tablet, all i think... haha,
but the only on i can do all off work it’s MTS. I don’t understand why we not found more video and tutorial for MTS...
Well :) i have a little question, in the desktop versions, we can put fx on selected area, when we use the edit button, it is possible to do the same in ipad version? I know it is possible to apply fx in all the track, but i dont want to do that, because i wrote music and apply fx as things progress.

This is a remixe of an track of Billie Eilish, i made the Black metal vocal with MTS, i do post production on pc, but i want to do all in the next song, record vocal, guitars, synth and drum programmation.

https://youtu.be/Fd5CQ7XNOK0

Support

Re: Fx on selection

Post by Support »

The iPad version doesn't have effect slots in the Edit Control windows.

An easy way to apply effects to certain parts only is to use automation.

If that's not feasible you can do it like this:
- copy the selected part to a new audio track. It's probably easier later on if you select a slightly longer part.
- add effects in the new audio track.
- longtap its track name box and choose 'Apply effects'
- select the part you need and drag-and-drop it back to the original track

Giel Bremmers
Mendi

Re: Fx on selection

Post by Mendi »

Thank you for your reply.

I took the path towards this solution on short durations for sound design, by copying the part which I must use, applying the fx and pasted in another track the original.

Your idea seems entirely feasible to me.

I would like to use automation on general fx, so as not to overload the cpu of the machine too much, but this idea is viable too.

Maybe in next releases :)

Thanks again.

Mendi.