Questions related to - 1. selecting audio outputs - 2. latency compensation

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Ralf

Questions related to - 1. selecting audio outputs - 2. latency compensation

Post by Ralf »

Hi,

how can I access audio output 7 + 8 of a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd generation?
Studio > Devices > Audio Output Channels provides from 1 + 2 up to 5 + 6.

It's no issue to use those outputs with Cubasis 3, Auria Pro and other apps. The audio outputs are needed, because they are routed to the phones output.

iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation)
Model MTFR2FD/A A1876
iPadOS 13.4.1
MTS Studio 3.8 with Pro Extension and Track Pack

Is there a way to adjust latency compensation, to gain sample accuracy, by e.g. taking converters into account? Is there latency compensation at all?

What are audio latency "Super Low", "Very Low", "Low", "Medium" and "High" for? Why not mentioning periods/buffer, which probably stuck at 2 and/or at least mention frames/period?
It's common practise to mention the frames. AUM does it. Audiobus does it. Almost all apps do it, since it's the only way to calculate round trip latency, without taking e.g. the converter's latency into account.

Regards,
Ralf

My iPad's desktop as of this month (full size):
Support

Re: Questions related to - 1. selecting audio outputs - 2. latency compensation

Post by Support »

Ralf wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:01 pm how can I access audio output 7 + 8 of a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd generation?
Studio > Devices > Audio Output Channels provides from 1 + 2 up to 5 + 6.
Interesting. Please go to Studio --> Contact and send a report via email. With the Scarlett attached of course.
Ralf wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:01 pm Is there a way to adjust latency compensation, to gain sample accuracy, by e.g. taking converters into account? Is there latency compensation at all?
iOS report converter latencies etc., and MultitrackStudio compensates for that.
Ralf wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:01 pm What are audio latency "Super Low", "Very Low", "Low", "Medium" and "High" for?
Put a finger on the Audio Latency box and read the text in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

The texts in the Audio Output Channels selector appear to be incorrect. "Channel 4 + 5" should read "Channel 7 + 8" for example, so that's the one you should use. Will be fixed of course.

Giel Bremmers
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

That's right!