QWERTY Keyboard

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
martinwedelsback

QWERTY Keyboard

Post by martinwedelsback »

Hi,
I would like to use the Ipad version with an USB keyboard and mouse.

In the Windows version I can play instruments using QWERTY keyboard. Can this be done with the Ipad app as well ?
Support

Re: QWERTY Keyboard

Post by Support »

No. The touchscreen allows for more expressive playing.

Giel Bremmers
LeftyChris

Post by LeftyChris »

Support wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:58 pm No. The touchscreen allows for more expressive playing.

Giel Bremmers
I have the opposite question to the OP: Does the MTS iPad Remote app include a keyboard? I have been using the remote app but I cannot find a keyboard in the app. I would like to use the iPad as a keyboard while using MTS on my Mac. Is this possible?
Support

Post by Support »

LeftyChris wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:05 pm Does the MTS iPad Remote app include a keyboard? I have been using the remote app but I cannot find a keyboard in the app. I would like to use the iPad as a keyboard while using MTS on my Mac. Is this possible?
The MTS remote doesn't include a keyboard.
You can use any iPad keyboard app and get it to work with a Mac via bluetooth. There's "Audio MIDI setup" in the Utilities folder.

Giel Bremmers
LeftyChris

Post by LeftyChris »

Support wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:20 pm
LeftyChris wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:05 pm Does the MTS iPad Remote app include a keyboard? I have been using the remote app but I cannot find a keyboard in the app. I would like to use the iPad as a keyboard while using MTS on my Mac. Is this possible?
The MTS remote doesn't include a keyboard.
You can use any iPad keyboard app and get it to work with a Mac via bluetooth. There's "Audio MIDI setup" in the Utilities folder.

Giel Bremmers
Thank you - I didn’t realize that. I am pretty old fashioned and still generally plug keyboards into my computer via USB. I didn’t realize I could use an iPad keyboard app via Bluetooth.
Support

Post by Support »

Out of curiosity: why do you want to use an iPad if you have a keyboard?

Perhaps I'm the old fashioned one ;-)

Giel Bremmers
LeftyChris

Post by LeftyChris »

Support wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:53 pm Out of curiosity: why do you want to use an iPad if you have a keyboard?

Perhaps I'm the old fashioned one ;-)

Giel Bremmers
Ah, I should have explained - different computers in different contexts. I would certainly always prefer a real keyboard to an iPad, and on my main computer I have a large MIDI controller keyboard connected to it. But if I am traveling and my wife has her laptop and I have my iPad, using the iPad as a keyboard substitute seems like a good idea in that context.
Support

Post by Support »

OK, got it :D

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

martinwedelsback wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:59 am I would like to use the Ipad version with an USB keyboard and mouse.

In the Windows version I can play instruments using QWERTY keyboard. Can this be done with the Ipad app as well ?
This is supported in version 4.1

Giel Bremmers