Problem with AudioBus?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
MisplacedDevelopment

Problem with AudioBus?

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

Is there a known issue with MTS being used from AudioBus? If I put MTS in an AudioBus output slot then I can launch it OK and can see AudioBus ports from within MTS but the AudioBus sidebar does not appear and back in AudioBus the app sits in “Tap to launch zzzz” mode and is greyed out. I can not record from the AudioBus audio port when selected from inside MTS. I’m running iOS 14.4 and the latest MTS. Maybe there has been a recent AudioBus SDK update?

Thanks.
Support

Re: Problem with AudioBus?

Post by Support »

You're right: it works fine in iOS 13, but not in iOS 14. Will look into that.

GIel Bremmers
MisplacedDevelopment

Thanks Giel. Also congrats on the new release, MPE/MIDI 2 is a great addition as there are so many new apps which support it and the per-note controller editing is really well thought out.
Support

Post by Support »

Glad you like it. It has been worked on full-time since August (!).

Giel Bremmers
MisplacedDevelopment

I can imagine it was a lot of work! I have been playing and wonder if quantization is behaving correctly with controller data? If I click to select a note and then “EDIT” -> To Grid then both the note and controller data snap to grid. If however I drag to highlight the note and quantize via the “Edit Control” panel then the note snaps but the controller data points either do not move or get overwritten, is that expected?
Support

Post by Support »

Yeah, sorry about that. It's the only significant known issue. It's a difficult nut to crack, so we decided to defer it to a later release.

This affects the Quantize and Legato options in the Edit Control panel only. This panel appears if you've selected a part by dragging left/right. There's no problem if you've lassoed the notes instead (in this case the panel is called 'Notes Editor').

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

Quantize and Legato work as expected in version 4.1

Giel Bremmers