Virtual midi input

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Littlewoodg

Virtual midi input

Post by Littlewoodg »

Dear Mr Bremmers
Another best-on-platform feature update, many thanks!

I wondered if there was a way to route an indevice multi-midi controller app to different MTS track midi channels (with instruments loaded, AUv3 or otherwise...)

The use-case is a clip launch controller app (LK in this case, or Modstep) sending separate midi (note and maybe CC) to separate MTS tracks...

If this is not possible to do elegantly, maybe your next major update would include an in-app clip launch interface to control multiple tracks?

Best wishes in these interesting times!
Support

Re: Virtual midi input

Post by Support »

That would be possible if these apps can send their output to multiple MIDI channels. In MTS you can add multiple MIDI tracks and record them. Each track will record just one MIDI channel.

The MIDI In Device box in Studio --> Devices only lists external keyboards, Virtual MIDI apps aren't available. You can use a fancy MIDI routing app to work around this.

Giel Bremmers
Littlewoodg

Re: Virtual midi input

Post by Littlewoodg »

Thanks for the reply.
Those fancy midi routing apps you mentioned, I’m slow to take those on because they ruin the elegance of working solely within the context of MTS (one midi app like LK is almost one too many already)

I posted a related question about clip launching functionality in a new thread...