Option key for adding notes

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
MisplacedDevelopment

Option key for adding notes

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

I have been keen to try the fab new keyboard/mouse support for a while and I’ve finally found the time to give it a whirl. Most of the keyboard shortcuts I’ve tried work fine but I can’t get the Option key (switch to add note mode) working in the piano roll. I first thought that it might be my keyboard (it has an Alt key instead of an Option key but I believe they are the same), but Option+M for example works for adding a marker.

Doing the usual drag-down shows the Add note menu option with the Option key symbol next to it. When I hit the alt key I expect it to toggle into add mode but when clicking the mouse on the piano roll then nothing happens. Is this a problem my end?

Going to print off the shortcuts from the manual and start trying to memorise some of them!

Thanks.
Support

Re: Option key for adding notes

Post by Support »

MisplacedDevelopment wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:55 am When I hit the alt key I expect it to toggle into add mode but when clicking the mouse on the piano roll then nothing happens. Is this a problem my end?
You're supposed to keep the Alt key pressed while clicking the pianoroll: press Alt (and keep it pressed), click pianoroll, and then release the Alt key.

I just checked, and it works.

Giel Bremmers
MisplacedDevelopment

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried holding alt down and clicking/tapping in the piano roll but no notes are added. I have a few other bluetooth keyboards I can test with later as it could be something about the one I’m using.
MisplacedDevelopment

Tried with a couple more keyboards and then tried turning assistive touch off and it worked! I’ll try and work out if it is a particular setting within assistive touch that causes it. I have it enabled as my Air 4 does not have a home button.

EDIT:
The “Perform Touch Gestures” option is the one that is causing the problem. I’ve turned it off and actually the mouse is more functional now as the lasso works without needing to select it from the menu. I doubt there is anything to fix your end Giel but worth knowing I suppose.

Cheers.
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks for the info! That's good to know.

Giel Bremmers