MTS MIDI KEYBOARD

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Drdrdaddeo

MTS MIDI KEYBOARD

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

Having difficulty getting sound from the built in MTS Keyboard with MTSi. If I open the keyboard and set its channel (in options) to the same channel as the channel assigned in MTS Instruments, the MIDI Keyboard plays perfectly. But the minute I hit DONE In the MTSi view pane, the MIDI Keyboard stops sounding, no matter what channel it is assigned to. This also happens if I open an AU pluggin like Korg Module Pro as the sound generator. Closing the view pane shuts off sound from the Midi keyboard. How does the MTS keyboard keep sounding with the view panes closed?
Thanks,
Ken
Support

Re: MTS MIDI KEYBOARD

Post by Support »

Drdrdaddeo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:43 pm and set its channel (in options) to the same channel as the channel assigned in MTS Instruments
That's typically not necessary. "Autodetect Keyboard Channel" (from the Rec menu at the top of the screen) takes care of that.
Drdrdaddeo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:43 pm How does the MTS keyboard keep sounding with the view panes closed?
You can enable the track's Rec button.

If you want to play along with the song without actually recording it you can use Practice Mode. From the manual:

"You can rehearse without recording if both a track's Play and Rec button are 'off'. If it's a MIDI track the track's instrument needs to be visible when transport starts. If it's an audio track one of the track's effects needs to be visible when transport starts, and the Mon button must be engaged.

Alternatively you can doubletap a track's Play button to switch it to practice mode manually. The Play button will read 'P', and the tracks stays in practice mode until you tap Play or Rec."

Giel Bremmers
Drdrdaddeo

Re: MTS MIDI KEYBOARD

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

Got it!
Thanks, Ken Hardy