Hang when deleting song (fixed in 4.5.2)

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
MisplacedDevelopment

Hang when deleting song (fixed in 4.5.2)

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

I have noticed that on my iPad Mini 6 I am unable to delete a song from the properties menu. If I click the button to delete then the app hangs and is eventually killed by the OS. The same thing happens if I click the export preset button. I have not used MTS much on my Mini so far and so this might have never worked on that installation. I tried a full app reinstall but the problem persisted. Other file functions work OK such as project import/export so this is not a big issue but thought I had better report it.

The exact same OS and app version works fine on my iPad Air 4.
Support

Re: Hang when deleting song

Post by Support »

MisplacedDevelopment wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:08 am thought I had better report it.
Certainly.

Strange. Is the song removed from the list after you've tried to delete it? That would mean at least some of the files were deleted before thing went wrong. Any remaining 'orphan' files would be cleaned up next time MTS is launched.

Giel Bremmers
MisplacedDevelopment

The song remains in the list after the app restarts. I should have also said that it is both import and export preset that show the same issue, not just export.
Support

Post by Support »

Are there any crash logs for these incidents? You can see them in the Settings app (Privacy-->Analytics&Improvements-->Analytics Data). MTS appears as "MtStudioMobile".

If yes, I'd be pleased if you could send one to support@multitrackstudio.com

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks! I'll look into that.

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

Hmm, the report suggests you were typing in the SysEx editor. That's doesn't look like deleting a song...

By the way: if the app asks you to send a report you should send it. These are super helpful.

Giel Bremmers
MisplacedDevelopment

Ah, it wasn't that one then. For that occurrence I believe I was playing with the sysex entry and had probably entered some invalid value.

I normally do click the button to send a report but it has not worked the last couple of times (ah - I had share iPad analytics turned off, that would explain it!). I have recreated again and this time something was generated so I'll send it through.
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks. Both the 'delete song' and the 'sysex' reports appear to show the same symptom: the white error/confirmation dialogs can hang on your iPad for some reason. Strange, I don't see that here.

Giel Bremmers
MisplacedDevelopment

Interesting. I wonder if anyone reading this has an iPad Mini 6 to test with. I have not done too much playing with the OS settings on this iPad but I will go through some of the options tonight to see if anything affects the behaviour.

Edit: I have started a thread on the AudioBus forum to see if anyone has an iPad 6 Mini + MTS they can test with.
MisplacedDevelopment

This is now fixed in 4.5.2, thanks Giel!