Suddenly in the midi editor I understand that the note volume is set to zero
If I increase the velocity all is ok
Why?
The keyboard in piano mode works ok
But this daw is awesome!
Support

Re: Matrix keyboard

Post by Support »

Oops, that's a bug. The matrix keyboard velocity is always 1.

Will fix that.

Giel Bremmers
Mimmo

Post by Mimmo »

Thanks
You are a very special dev.
Now I ask another question because you are so helpful
If I import a midi file the markers looks very confusing because in the overview bar there is no option to zoom I think
Maybe a trasport on markers like in the remote app is a good option and a list where I can see the names
I’ll post a screenshot for example
No i don’t know how to post
Support

Post by Support »

Mimmo wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:02 pm I’ll post a screenshot for example
No i don’t know how to post
Well, I get the picture (pun intended).

Out of curiosity: how many markers does your MIDI file have (approximately)?

Giel Bremmers
Mimmo

Post by Mimmo »

I use a file exported with Chordata composer by Casio and I found one marker for every chord change
Approximately 80/100
But I discover this problem importing vary midi file, drum loops with sections or other
If I had the possibility to watch the list or to zoom the overview bar the problem is risolved
Thanks so much for your help
I try many daw, like Cubasis 3, GarageBand, Gadgets, multitrack, music studio and so on but yours have some features that stand above all 2 steps
Example: lyrics and chord feature, the interface simple but logic and ergonomic, allow change on time signature, is simple to use every au, iaa and to connecting everything. In few words, your daw is a instrument that help creating music better
Excuse me but I wrote in a bad English language
Mimmo

Post by Mimmo »

Another suggestion is to show marker name in the piano roll view and not just the triangle marker
Mimmo

Post by Mimmo »

Excuse me for bother you but every day I use MTS I discover something I can’t understand how to operate
In the controller view I don’t know how to operate the right slider for every note
Example: in a drum track with some note in the same tempo I can’t understand which note have which slider of velocity
I try to select only one instrument but nothing change
Also there a possibility to select multi songs for deleting it?
I start many project only for testing the feature and now I had over 100 project but only few I want to conservate
But for now I selected One by one and deleted it in the song properties
Support

Post by Support »

Mimmo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:47 am I use a file exported with Chordata composer by Casio and I found one marker for every chord change
Approximately 80/100
Perhaps MTS should ignore markers in MIDI files if there's a crazy amount of them? Having that many markers defeats the purpose of markers.
Mimmo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:47 am Example: in a drum track with some note in the same tempo I can’t understand which note have which slider of velocity
I try to select only one instrument but nothing change
If you press a note in the note velocity editor the corresponding note in the drum editor will be highlighted.
You probably need to zoom in horizontally. If the notes in the note velocity editor don't fit the screen it becomes very hard to find out what's what.
Mimmo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:47 am Also there a possibility to select multi songs for deleting it?
No. The current design prevents you from deleting a song without seeing it first. I'm not keen on letting users delete many songs in one go because there's no way to undo that if you've accidentally deleted something important.

Giel Bremmers
Mimmo

Post by Mimmo »

Thanks for all!
I think the markers on midi file should remain
In some instance they work correctly indicating the section of the song
I understand and try the method you described for highlighting the note of the corrispond velocity and work fine
It’s ok to open every song to avoid accidentally erase. I use two method to avoid it
First every song I want to conserve is renamed and so every song remain with “song xx” in the folder is only a test
Second if a stay with a song for hours I exported it
Thanks for your courtesy, patience and help
MisplacedDevelopment

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

Mimmo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:33 pm Thanks for all!
I think the markers on midi file should remain
In some instance they work correctly indicating the section of the song
I understand and try the method you described for highlighting the note of the corrispond velocity and work fine
It’s ok to open every song to avoid accidentally erase. I use two method to avoid it
First every song I want to conserve is renamed and so every song remain with “song xx” in the folder is only a test
Second if a stay with a song for hours I exported it
Thanks for your courtesy, patience and help
That’s how I do it as well. If I want to keep something then it gets renamed with the date I started work on it and I make sure I export it to an MTS folder in iCloud. I know then it is safe and I can import it to my other iPad or Mac to carry on working on it. Everything else gets cleaned up every so often or I just reinstall MTS if there are too many “test” songs to delete manually. MTS is so quick to download so it does not take long to reinstall and carry on working with an empty list of songs.
Mimmo

Post by Mimmo »

Exactly what I done yesterday evening
Reinstall in 5 minute :D
Mimmo

Post by Mimmo »

I’m so surprise an app so complex is so light
Yesterday I had retry the internal instrument module
Is not very good in quality but is so easy to use it
But I don’t understand how to use the strength parameter in the setting
I have tried all the way down or up but nothing change to my ears with my Arius digital piano
:D
Support

Post by Support »

Mimmo wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:33 pm Yesterday I had retry the internal instrument module
Is not very good in quality but is so easy to use it
But I don’t understand how to use the strength parameter in the setting
I have tried all the way down or up but nothing change to my ears with my Arius digital piano
:D
You've found another bug. You're really good at this :mrgreen:

Both the Strength and matrix keyboard issues where caused by the move to MIDI 2.0 earlier this year. Note velocity is 16 bits in MIDI 2.0 (whereas it's 7 buts in MIDI 1.0). The code hadn't been updated in these two cases.

Giel Bremmers
Mimmo

Post by Mimmo »

Excuse me
I surely don’t want to deprecate your superb work
I only want to understand
Mimmo

Post by Mimmo »

I’m very surprised!
Your support is the best reward and the best value for purchasing MTS