Audio file crackling problem question.

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
uncle808us

Audio file crackling problem question.

Post by uncle808us »

Today I was doing a rough vocal idea for a song on my iPad 4th generation os 14.8.1.
When I downloaded to my desktop into an audio app there was a distinct crackling sound.
To be sure I downloaded it to Logic.
It was there for sure.
I have uploaded it to sound cloud and it is there as well. any way to get a cleaner version out of Multitrack iPad?

https://soundcloud.com/uncle808us/voc-v ... dc81bfca45
Support

Re: Audio file crackling problem question.

Post by Support »

1. try rebooting the iPad (press the power and home buttons together for 10 seconds)
2. try a higher Audio Latency setting in Studio-->Devices
uncle808us wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:15 am iPad 4th generation os 14.8.1
Google tells me 4th gen iPads are 32 bits, so they can't run iOS 14 :?

With recent iPad models the built in mic may not work nicely at 44100 kHz sample rate. You can switch to 48000 Hz in Studio-->Preferences ('New song samperate). Then use Song-->New Song and try recording again.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

That did not help:
Copied from my iPad 4th gen:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sflk9xh3iamz ... e.png?dl=0
Support

Post by Support »

Ah, it's a Pro model. A 4th gen Pro is 8 years younger than a regular 4th gen.

Do you hear the clicks on the iPad? Perhaps the recording is OK, but something goes wrong on exporting the track.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

"Do you hear the clicks on the iPad? Perhaps the recording is OK, but something goes wrong on exporting the track."

Yes the crackling is there in the monitor in MTS I tried the same recording in Cubasis3 on the same iPad Pro and had no problem nice clean audio. exports cleanly. I tried everything I could think of in MTS but it won't clear up. This is a major problem with using MTS.
I hope you come up with something I will do what I can to help. Please let me know.
Support

Post by Support »

Please make sure your test song is opened, and then send a report. This page explains how to do this with the desktop version, it's similar on iPad: https://www.multitrackstudio.com/contact.php

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

I sent the report, hope it helps.
I deleted the other tracks.( music track and click track ) I saved the problem audio track.
The music track was an imported audio track from Logic and had no problems it was clear without crackling.
I hope this doesn’t mess up the report. If it does I can record another audio test track.
Please let me know. And please keep me updated on your progress.
Thanks Bob.
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks.

Your song isn't using the 48000 Hz samplerate I suggested in my first post. This is important if you want to use the built-in mic of a newish iPad like yours.

You can switch to 48000 Hz in Studio-->Preferences ('New song samperate). Then use Song-->New Song, add a new audio track and try recording again.

You can see a song's samplerate in the Song-->Properties window.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Giel: I am so sorry for putting you thru my blunder.
I was sure that I had changed it to 4800.
I just re-did the audio track and it exported fine. If I have any further problems I will let you know.
One more question should I use 16 bit or 24 bit audio does it make a big difference?
Support

Post by Support »

uncle808us wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:13 pm Giel: I am so sorry for putting you thru my blunder.
No problem :)
uncle808us wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:13 pm One more question should I use 16 bit or 24 bit audio does it make a big difference?
24 bits offers a (sligthly) better sound quality, but it uses 50% more storage space. I'd say 16 bits is good enough for the built-in mic.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Thanks again.