import of ableton live sets

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
synthalabim

import of ableton live sets

Post by synthalabim »

Hello!

Thank you for this fabulous DAW and the unrivalled support!

I often take musical notes on the iphone, as it’s a constant companion, other than the ipad.
Many apps optimised for the smaller screen are able to export ableton live sets (koala and triq traq, for example).
Being able to import those in MTS (possibly both on desktop and ipad, I happily purchased both pro versions) in order to further work on them would be awesome!

Have a nice day
Support

Re: import of ableton live sets

Post by Support »

I don't think that's possible: Ableton provides something for exporting only AFAICS. Not for importing.

Giel Bremmers
MisplacedDevelopment

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

@synthalabim Not sure if it helps you or not but one of the AudioBus forum members wrote a Python script for extracting MIDI from Ableton als files:

https://wiki.audiob.us/pythonista_als_t ... _converter

There are specific instructions there for iOS but I'm sure the script could be run on the desktop directly with a bit of tweaking.
synthalabim

Post by synthalabim »

Support wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:09 pm I don't think that's possible: Ableton provides something for exporting only AFAICS. Not for importing.

Giel Bremmers
Oh no!
synthalabim

Post by synthalabim »

MisplacedDevelopment wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:45 am @synthalabim Not sure if it helps you or not but one of the AudioBus forum members wrote a Python script for extracting MIDI from Ableton als files:

https://wiki.audiob.us/pythonista_als_t ... _converter

There are specific instructions there for iOS but I'm sure the script could be run on the desktop directly with a bit of tweaking.
Awesome, thank you!