synthalabim

DAW controller question

Post by synthalabim »

Hello! 🎶

Does anybody use a
- korg nanokontrol studio or a
- studiologic sl mixface
with MultitrackStudio on ipad?
I‘ll get one of those if it works with MultitrackStudio ipad - preferably the korg, due to the jog wheel, if it‘s compatible.

According to the korg website, it uses CC for all the controls (not sure about the jog wheel, though), they can be configured with an editor app.

Thank you!
MisplacedDevelopment

Re: DAW controller question

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

Hi Synthalabim, I have the nanoKONTROL Studio and MTS does not respond to its controls. MTS on iPad does not have any MIDI learn facility, though that is available on the desktop version. It does however have a very good set of keyboard shortcuts when compared to other iOS DAWs:

https://www.multitrackstudio.com/ipad_manual.php#mouse

I don't think I have found any iOS DAWs which react correctly to the jog wheel on the nanoKONTROL, and that includes Korg's own Gadget software!
synthalabim

Post by synthalabim »

Thank you very much for sparing me the hassle of buying and returning the Korg!
Then I‘ll stay with the touchscreen for now. The shortcuts are great! I just wish I had a mixing controller, too, because I find it easier to focus on the music with closed eyes.
The jog wheel not even working in their own app is just absurd. Makes it a total joke wheel. 🤡🛞
MisplacedDevelopment

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

If you happen to have a Launchpad X then the latest firmware lets you assign keyboard keys to the pads. It also lets you use key combinations such as SHIFT + TAB, meaning that most if not all of the MTS keyboard shortcuts can be assigned to the controller.
synthalabim

Post by synthalabim »

Thank you very much! While this won‘t help in a faders for mixing context, it’s great to know.