Deleting songs suggestion

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
uncle808us

Deleting songs suggestion

Post by uncle808us »

The steps now to delete a song are *SONG>open song>song properties>delete.
In my case. After you have composed a song intro,verse,chorus,bridge,outro. You have 5 parts or songs now in SONGS.
Now you want to start a new song.
You want to clear the old work (the 5 songs) to do so you must go through the above 5 steps* 5 times this is a slow work flow.
What I suggest is the ability to select the past songs you want to delete and press a button to delete them all at once. It would really speed up the process of cleaning out past songs.
What do you think Giel?
I hope you will consider it.
Thanks
MisplacedDevelopment

Re: Deleting songs suggestion

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

It would be useful to be able to do this, I agree. I am constantly creating projects to try out different combinations of plugins or some other random thing that is not meant to be kept and occasionally do a big clear out. I tend to use export/import (to a folder on iCloud) for proper songs as I can then be sure that a particular file in the filesystem matches the latest version of my changes, and it also means I can carry on working on a different iPad or my Mac.

It would be ideal if the song projects were exposed to the iOS filesystem so they could be managed from there.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Yes that would be an excellent solution.
Support

Post by Support »

Yeah, this is a popular request.
It works the way it works now because it forces the user to load the song before it can be deleted. This prevents the user from accidentally deleting important work.
But it's a bit of a problem if you have tons of songs you want to remove.
MisplacedDevelopment wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:24 amIt would be ideal if the song projects were exposed to the iOS filesystem so they could be managed from there.
I'm not keen on that. Desktop users have direct access to the files, and this leads to quite a lot of support calls because users think they understand this and it turns out they don't.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

‘ It works the way it works now because it forces the user to load the song before it can be deleted. This prevents the user from accidentally deleting important work.’
Wouldn’t a selection box to be ticked and a delete warning handle that problem. The user would have no one to blame but him/her self.