Bug: Can’t export MIDI in format 1

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Gzalyu_

Bug: Can’t export MIDI in format 1

Post by Gzalyu_ »

Using an iPad Air 5, iPadOS 15.6.

When attempting to export multiple MIDI tracks at once, I get no response from the program:

If I then tab away from the application and reopen it, I get the following:

I can’t tap anywhere on the screen in either case, nor does the enter key (or any other key on the keyboard apart from iOS functions) do anything.
Gzalyu_

Re: Bug: Can’t export MIDI in format 1

Post by Gzalyu_ »

Exporting one track at a time works, but then doesn’t align the tempos. Exporting with Format 0 works, but the result is unsuitable for import into MuseScore 3.
Support

Post by Support »

Odd, I can't reproduce that. The "How to deal with MIDI channel conflicts" dialog works fine for me.

The dialog appears because your MIDI tracks use the same MIDI channel. You can open the AU windows and choose a different channel for each track. Even if just temporarily to export the MIDI tracks.

Giel Bremmers
MisplacedDevelopment

Post by MisplacedDevelopment »

I see the same thing if I create two MIDI tracks both on channel 1 on my iPad Mini 6 and then try the export, but not on the iPad Air. Gzalyu_ - what sort of iPad are you using? If it is a Mini then it feels like this is another occurrence of the issue we have seen with some other dialogs on the Mini which cause a hang like this. Do you see a hang when you try to open Song Properties -> Delete Song (obviously do this with a test song!) ?
Support

Post by Support »

Hmm, interesting. Gzalyu_ uses an iPad Air 5. Perhaps that model has the same problem?

GIel Bremmers
Gzalyu_

Post by Gzalyu_ »

If it makes a difference, my track inputs are MPE. I’ll see what I can do with channels and report back.
Gzalyu_

Post by Gzalyu_ »

Separating the channels works as a workaround! Appreciated, that will cover me at least for projects with up to 16 tracks.
Gzalyu_

Post by Gzalyu_ »

MisplacedDevelopment wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:53 pm Do you see a hang when you try to open Song Properties -> Delete Song (obviously do this with a test song!) ?
Ah yep, deleting hangs for me; so do a few other things with that kind of dialogue. Same behaviour where I can tab in and out to see the dialogue, but can’t click any of the buttons on it.
Support

Post by Support »

I may have to get an Air 5 in the near future. If that would actually happen I could probably reproduce the problem with the dialogs, and find a solution.

Giel Bremmers
MisplacedDevelopment

I would be more than happy to run a beta build or whatever containing extra diagnostics if it would help you track this down. Unless you were looking for an excuse to buy a new iPad of course ;)
Support

Post by Support »

MisplacedDevelopment wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:27 amUnless you were looking for an excuse to buy a new iPad of course ;)
:mrgreen:
Apple provides excuses for developers to buy new hardware all the time, unfortunately ;-)

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

So, I got an Air 5 and I see the problem now!

I notice the Air 5 doesn't have a 'home' button on the side. Does your iPad Mini have a home button, MisplacedDevelopment? Perhaps that's has got something to do with it.

Giel Bremmers
MisplacedDevelopment

Sorry, missed this question. No, the Mini does not have a home button. The latest update fixes my hangs :)
Support

Post by Support »

No problem, I found the answer in another thread :mrgreen:

Giel Bremmers
Gzalyu_

Post by Gzalyu_ »

Good news, I can finally delete songs!

Thanks for the fix Giel :)