LK controlling multiple tracks

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
vdk_john

LK controlling multiple tracks

Post by vdk_john »

Hello,
I bought MultitrackStudio for iPad (without the PRO IAP for now) and was wondering if it's possible to use LK Matrix to control different tracks / midi instruments and record to/from them.

I tried setting up LK as midi effect and specify different channels within the plugin, but they only seem to play to the current track. Is there any way those can be routed?

Thanks
Support

Re: LK controlling multiple tracks

Post by Support »

The MIDI effects in a track are for that track only. So you'd have to use multiple instances of the plugin (one in every track).

Alternatively you could try using the plugin in the onscreen keyboard (at the bottom of the screen). The tracks would have to be recording for this to work.

Giel Bremmers
vdk_john

Post by vdk_john »

Hi Giel,
Many thanks for your answer.

Is support for virtual buses from midi effects on the roadmap?

I tried using it as keyboard, however the channel information coming from the plugin seems to be ignored and everything ends up in a single channel (the channel number from midi monitor is also different from the one of the instruments / seems to be unrelated)

Thanks
Support

Post by Support »

vdk_john wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:55 pmIs support for virtual buses from midi effects on the roadmap?
Well, no. MultitrackStudio is designed to have easy-to-understand single instrument MIDI tracks. With just one MIDI channel. Very similar to an audio track. Something like internal MIDI connections from anywhere to anywhere will likely never happen.
vdk_john wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:55 pmI tried using it as keyboard, however the channel information coming from the plugin seems to be ignored and everything ends up in a single channel (the channel number from midi monitor is also different from the one of the instruments / seems to be unrelated)
Ah, I should have thought about that a bit longer before suggesting it. If there's output on multiple channels it's assumed to be MPE. So multiple outputs in the onscreen keyboard aren't possible.

Giel Bremmers
vdk_john

Post by vdk_john »

Thanks, makes sense!
I assume using audiobus world also not work, right? (I only have AUM)

Alternatively, anything that could allow for a non linear workflow would be great to come up with ideas (e.g. leveraging/integrating with the current “patterns” feature)