Release of Album

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Mendi

Release of Album

Post by Mendi »

Hello

Here is my first album by Gnothi Seauton, ambient and meditation music, and I mixed everything in multitrackstudio on Ipad.

I found the work very effective, and I think I will start again for the next album.

Thanks for listening :)

https://gnothiseauton.bandcamp.com/releases
Moozeeck

Re: Release of Album

Post by Moozeeck »

It's excellent.

What VST's have you been using for recording?
Mendi

Post by Mendi »

Thank you :)

I use Quanta, Continua, VirtualANS for instrument. FAC Alteza for reverb, Pro q 3 for equaliser.
And i test generative music as well, like Wotja and Sunvox ( not true generztive but his possibilities are great) for making some pieces.

All in auv3

I want to use the Moog synth of ios, their sound is fantastic for this style of music, controlled by Touchscaper, and Borderlands, but not for now, i learn the 2 last hehe.

Thanks again
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Sounds gorgeous.

I suppose that kind of music doesn't put heavy demands on the MIDI editing side of things, but requires reliability with CPU, and mix automation.

This kind of music is pleasant to listen to. I have no idea what kinds of challenges go to into making it. Would love to some details about your vision and workflow for the project.
Mendi

Post by Mendi »

First of all, sorry for the late response :) and thank you !!
Indeed, there are very few midi editions.
Most of the time, I test synth presets, which I modify if necessary, with simple notes, by decomposing a chord suite.
For this project, I use a base create in wotja, also modified according to my desired direction, then I jajput synth notes, exporting each time the midi in an audio track, to be able to modify the fx, and I use the " audio stretch ".
Generally, I start with small ideas and I create the rest at the moment.
I pay attention to the cpu too, because the fx auv3 are very greedy ... I apply the fx little by little by removing each auv3.
I find the midday edition a bit slow, but I'm happy :) in other apps, it may be simpler at midday but less complete !!
I am currently working on a Dark Ambient project, and I plan to do 3/4 of the work in mts on ipad.