Simple question: Click track BPM

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
NoTech

Simple question: Click track BPM

Post by NoTech »

This should be simple and obvious- but..
Once I have started a song and have been working on it, If I want to recall/know what BPM I entered in the click, i.e what the tempo is, How do I find that?
I work a lot with an external drum machine and often once I've recorded a song in MTS Pro, I realize that if I want to keep all the tracks I've done but attempt to replace the click track with an audio-track recording of my drum machine. To do that, I need to be able to enter a BPM into my drum machine to mirror MTS's click. For the life of me, I can't figure out how I'me supposed to be able to go back and reference/find what the original click track's tempo is, lol! I open the click track I've recorded's properties for instance and there's no detail of what it's BPM is!
Help?
Thanks
NT
André Giroux

Re: Simple question: Click track BPM

Post by André Giroux »

Right at the top click on Edit and see Tempo/ Time Signature Editor :D
NoTech

Post by NoTech »

Thank you Mr. Giroux-
I have looked at that but I haven't ever seen any notification/detail there, on what the original BPM is/what was entered for the click track.
NT
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

I’m on my IPad at the moment and I’m assuming it is the same for windows and mac. In Tempo/ Time Signature Editor click edit in tempo and BPM are there for me. Hope that’s what you’re looking for.
Support

Post by Support »

The click track tempo is always identical to the song tempo - the click track gets updated if you change the song tempo.

You can see it in the tempo editor, as per Andre's suggestion. You can also see it in the BPM box at the top of the main window.

Giel Bremmers
NoTech

Post by NoTech »

Mr. Giroux and Support,
I believe Mr. Giroux's and secondly Support's comments, have solved this question for me! Thanks for entertaining my simplicity!
One thing I didn't get from Support's comment however, was the point of being able to see BPM in the 'top of the main window'. In my MTS Pro program I don't see any BPM shown- only the bar/beat window, varispeed option, etc..
Health, thanks to all,
NT
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Not sure why but I do see time sig and bpm on top of my tool bar
Support

Post by Support »

It depends on the screen size: the BPM and time sig boxes aren't present if they don't fit the screen.

Giel Bremmers