Wish list for the next release

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Support

Re: Wish list for the next release

Post by Support »

Probably. It's a bad feature which has been left in to please people who like to shoot themselves in the foot.

Now that you mention it, perhaps I'll remove it in the next release. :mrgreen:

Giel Bremmers
synthalabim

Post by synthalabim »

abc music notation would be awesome. While it may not appeal to many long-time MTS-users with an established workflow, many folk musicians already using abc music notation will be pleased to see it integrated in a real DAW.
now_its_dark

Post by now_its_dark »

Hi there, I'm pretty new to MultiTrackStudio and really appreciating the stripped-down look and structure of this tool :D .
One thing which I've noticed, is it does not appear that editing or deletion of lines in the sysex event list can be undone without clicking a GUI 'undo' button, which also closes the event list when clicked.

A direct undo function via cmd/ctrl+z for this view would be a super helpful addition— keeping track of large amounts of sysex data can be somewhat mentally taxing as it is, so having to reopen the event list and scroll back to the position each time a change is reverted can compound this.
Thanks!
scot ansgeulaiche

Post by scot ansgeulaiche »

Geil, would it be possible to have a click track that automatically mutes on playback unless there is a track in record mode? That is: record with a click, hit stop, hit play and hear what I've done without the interference of the click.
I could of course take the click track in and out of mute each time, but making multiple takes to get it right, that's a hassle.
This feature could be set in global settings (CMD+,) or by use of a special setting on the click channel, perhaps using a toggle like the "practice mode" button on the channel.
I think I recall that Garageband had this feature.
Still loving the power of MTS
Scot
Support

Post by Support »

scot ansgeulaiche wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:23 pm have a click track that automatically mutes on playback unless there is a track in record mode
That's an interesting idea.

Giel Bremmers
Dante Cooper

Post by Dante Cooper »

Highlighted scales
uncle808us

Ability to write triplet notes

Post by uncle808us »

I wish I could write triplet notes into the score. The way now is very tedious (enter quarter note > more> split into equal parts > thirds>delete center note this takes too long and by the time you have entered it you inspiration is gone. Please please give us the ability to write triplet notes into the score https://ibb.co/Bzm8f5q
Support

Re: Ability to write triplet notes

Post by Support »

uncle808us wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:25 pm I wish I could write triplet notes into the score. The way now is very tedious (enter quarter note > more> split into equal parts > thirds>delete center note this takes too long and by the time you have entered it you inspiration is gone. Please please give us the ability to write triplet notes into the score https://ibb.co/Bzm8f5q
You can rightclick in the score editor, and then add a tuplet with a single click. Then you can move the 2nd and 3rd notes up or down.

This also works on iPad if you're using a mouse.

I can see why you'd like to add the notes one at a time. But MultitrackStudio doesn't recognize a triplet until there actually is one, so the first note you add wouldn't look like a triplet until you add the other ones. Note sure if that would be a good idea.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

How is this done in the iPad version? With no mouse?
Support

Post by Support »

uncle808us wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:07 pm How is this done in the iPad version? With no mouse?
With iPad you can't do this without a mouse. But you can do it if you've connected a mouse.

Giel Bremmers
Synth_odyssey

Post by Synth_odyssey »

scot ansgeulaiche wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:23 pm Geil, would it be possible to have a click track that automatically mutes on playback unless there is a track in record mode? That is: record with a click, hit stop, hit play and hear what I've done without the interference of the click.
I could of course take the click track in and out of mute each time, but making multiple takes to get it right, that's a hassle.
This feature could be set in global settings (CMD+,) or by use of a special setting on the click channel, perhaps using a toggle like the "practice mode" button on the channel.
I think I recall that Garageband had this feature.
Still loving the power of MTS
Scot
+1 for this, or better yet a metronome which needs no special click track to be set up
Synth_odyssey

Post by Synth_odyssey »

Not sure if this has been raised already, but it would be great to have the option of a *pre*-fade send, allowing for example a reverb to give the "fade away into the distance" effect at the end of a song.
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

Here’s a random thought that could be handy. A blank area under the MASTER section to add personal notes. Some screenshots below to give an idea. How it is now you can’t put notes there, and once you have enough tracks, the blank section under the Master goes away. I would honestly find it handy to be able to put notes there for some projects. Perhaps a button in the preference window to toggle it on and off for that don’t want it to scroll down that far. The notes on the tracks themselves sometimes get in the way. Thought about this a while ago but didn't feel like resetting my password for the forum :D , but yeah, random idea.

Once you have so many tracks that blank area goes away and you can't scroll down any lower, plus the notes can not currently be put in said lower region anyway.

I edited these in just for a random example of what I mean. Oh, and it will also allow for longer / bigger notes.
Support

Post by Support »

There's Song-->Comments for text notes. Would you like to embed this in the main window?

Giel Bremmers
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

Well the comments section for the text notes is okay, I would just find it more pleasant being under the master section. Maybe even with its own “view” button to toggle the notes in and out of view just like the track editors. Perhaps a useless addition and I understand that. Just seemed like it wouldn't be all that difficult since you can already add the note labels on tracks and drag them around. At any rate, was something that came to mind when I wanted to move some of the notes down there on a few occasions = a quick right click, add label, and type it then drag it where you want. Like most of my suggestions, I'm likely the only one that would find it useful. :lol: