MP3 anybody know how it works?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
sinbad

MP3 anybody know how it works?

Post by sinbad »

I just converted a wav file to mp3 in mts using "mixdown to file". I selected high quality, but got a message that I didn't have a high quality converter on my system so it defaulted to medium. I never had that with ntrack, I could just select the quality I wanted and start.
I deleted ntrack from my system recently so maybe I also lost the blade enc converter in the process.
Anybody know how I can get a high quality conversion? And if I need to reinstall a converter, which folder should I use?
Saz

Post by Saz »

Go here... http://www.goldwave.com/release.php

Scroll down to "Optional Downloads" and pick up the latest free stabile version of LAME. I haven't compared them myself, but it's supposed to be better than Blade.

HTH
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

thanks for the input Saz. I didn't realise that mts uses windows to activate the convertion, I thought it would be something like a plugin, but you live and learn. (especially when Giel helps out) I downloaded the wrong version initially until Giel put me on to the "lame acm codec". It seems to be important that it is the acm version. Anyway now it works and I can select the quality direct from mts. :D
Saz

Post by Saz »

Good to hear and know, sinbad! 8)
teej813

Post by teej813 »

Good info... Thanks, Sinbad. I'd not heard about the ACM version.

I use WMA myself.. find it a bit smoother sounding than MP3.

teej