Happy New Year MTS users!

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
Saz

Happy New Year MTS users!

Post by Saz »

I got inspired to do this around noon yesterday and imposed a 5pm deadline. If I hadn't been using MTS - well, I'd probably still be working on it. :D

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=7195952

Happy New Year !
venatical

Post by venatical »

"Not great" huh?

:wink:

/me whacks himself in the forehead

Dude, u r awesome.
Saz

Post by Saz »

Thanks for the kind words, venatical!

I'm not sorry I did this or anything like that - it was a great lesson in forced creativity. I started off knowing only that I wanted a bit of the "auld lang syne" melody, kept throwing in tracks(there's 18 on this) and with the time I allotted, ran out of time to do much mixing. Thank goodness for MTS! :wink:
venatical

Post by venatical »

Why would you be sorry? It r0x0rz my b0x0rz dude!

I truly respect anyone who can seamlessly weave in familiar themes with their own rythms. You've got so many techniques mastered: bends, slides, taps...

I envy you man. I've been using MTS for about 1.5 years now. Have about 10 songs down. Some I like, others make me wince. :lol:

I'm still really experimenting with styles too. I notice the big posters here have pretty much determined their style and play them well. I'll go to write something that I intend to be pop, and it ends up sounding country!!

Lately I've been mostly going rock, or some kinda hippety-blues-groove-rock thing.

I've been thinking about posting an incomplete song to see what people might add for the lead guitar. I'd love to see what you would do with it.

If you're willing to try, look for a new post in this forum.
Saz

Post by Saz »

venatical wrote: I'll go to write something that I intend to be pop, and it ends up sounding country!!
:lol: yeah - I've been there too. :)
I've been thinking about posting an incomplete song to see what people might add for the lead guitar...
I'm up for anything that perks my ear - as time permits. If you want to check out a cool site for online music collaboration, go here... http://www.artistcollaboration.com/ A great bunch of folks of many genres and talent levels. Quite a few are from Canada.

Wolven

Post by Wolven »

Hey Saz...

I registered just so I could tell you how much I liked your musical style. Both on this song and Jingle Bells. Awesome bud.

Just wanted to let you know.
Saz

Post by Saz »

Thanks for the nice words and gesture, Wolven!

I'm honored!

André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Hey Saz, good work man. Your setting a good example for what MTS can do. :D
Keep on trackin.
Andr
Saz

Post by Saz »

Thanks Andr?! I must say though that you've done a great job with MTS and your albums! I keep letting things restrain me from getting on with my music in earnest.

I have a neighbor, Robin Kessinger, ( http://www.fiddletunes.com/pages/robin.htm ) whose style is similar to yours. I think he's been using local studios to record in. Next time I talk to him, I'll point him to your site and MTS.
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Your welcome Saz.
This is to funny. Since you speak of Robin, a friend of mine that I more less new all my life, Don Larabie from River Valley Ontario, Canada now live's in West Virginia and is good friends with Robin and Robert Shaffer. I heard of these guys through Don and even got a few of there cds. Their smokin musicians that for sure. My buddy Don is no slouch on the guitar either. He came over and seen how I was setup for recording. He couldn't believe the quality of sound, now that I figured out the mastering with kick butt results.
This meant alot of pratice to get it right and thanks to a great bunch guys in this forum with with there hands out to help. I have to give this forum lots of credit for what I have learned about MTS and recording.
Hats off for Giel and the rest you guys in here and Saz keep smokin that guitar. :D
Saz

Post by Saz »

Andr? Giroux wrote:Since you speak of Robin, a friend of mine that I more less new all my life, Don Larabie from River Valley Ontario, Canada now live's in West Virginia and is good friends with Robin and Robert Shaffer.
8)

It's a small world after all. :)