Has anyone upgraded to 4.2?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
axomat

Has anyone upgraded to 4.2?

Post by axomat »

Looks interesting, particularly the effect window staying up, but what else is good or bad?
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Mmm - love the new font/display colours!

So far so good, not found any problems yet

Pete
nickb2006

Post by nickb2006 »

It just gets better and better........

Well done for all these extra features and options......

Thanks

Nick B
Mac

Post by Mac »

Unlike MANY recording softwares, the upgrade with this one is always an improvement and never a problem maker.

MultiTrackStudio is like the old Timex watches of the '60s, very good value and just flat keeps on ticking.

--Mac
Kid Dutch

Post by Kid Dutch »

Mac wrote:Unlike MANY recording softwares, the upgrade with this one is always an improvement and never a problem maker.

MultiTrackStudio is like the old Timex watches of the '60s, very good value and just flat keeps on ticking.

--Mac
Ya know Mac - I have a background in test and integration in data/comm. It always amazes me how some companies can make changes to their product without breaking anything while others just screw it up somethin awful every time they touch it.

My guess is good modular design, thoroughly tested module by module, and not reliant on direct communication with the hardware EVER - only thru the OS. For sure in the PC world it is nigh on IMPOSSIBLE to test with every hardware configuration and OS version out there.
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

All I got to say is, "someone would have to pay me big bucks just try something other MTS" easy to use and it has never let me down. MTS is loaded with more then I will ever need and I just love bragging about it to others. What got me the most on this upgrade is the fact that you can change display colours, I find it easier on my eyes. Being able to lock the shelf in place and save presets of tracks.

There just one thing I would seek in the future and this is surely not to complain, is being able to open more then one tweakable effect window at once but if this would cause any problem at all with MTS I would say leave it. I consider myself in heaven the way it is now.

I'm a proud owner of MTS
Great work Giel
Andr
michi_mak

Post by michi_mak »

as far is i got the news : there's still no looping option for playback - rehearsal or drum programming ?!? - it's the only real showstopper for me - you could say : looping playback options = me buying mts.
The4ofme

Post by The4ofme »

The update is a step in the right direction, but until improvements are made to the editor (ie- clip editing like every other audio recording software on the market) it will not be a contender. I know you all just love this software, and I do too, but if you're trying to make a living operating a studio, this software has some major limitations that cost major time = major money.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I get you on that one, but if one is running a studio for a living one most likely needs to purchase one of the big boys top of the line programs that is made for that, this is the best hobbist and personal use program i have found, it just never lets me down, the additions i would like to see are as mentioned looping tools, and better midi editing. but for what i do, i love this.
tmon

Post by tmon »

I just convinced a rocker friend of mine to try MTS. He was also looking at the Tracktion demo, but liked the MTS interface better...he's just in time to get 4.20.....

Q: Does everyone else's installation GUI read 4.02 also? Also, Studio/About says "4.0.2.0 December 2005."

I just downloaded and installed it, haven't started messing with it, other than noticing the version reference in the above graphics....
tmon

Post by tmon »

hmmm....must have downloaded the wrong version....yup, that was it...

cool. 4.20 is here! Still stable! I like the color option on the track box and editor, and the "editor's theme" is great too...when trying out effects it's great to be able to keep the Shelf open...