A Brazilian's Take On J S BACH

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
nickb2007

A Brazilian's Take On J S BACH

Post by nickb2007 »

According to the Brazilian composer Villa Lobos to perform "Cantilena" you need 8 cellists and 1 soprano. Try finding them in a hurry. Personally I'm sticking with MultitrackStudio and Arturia's Moog Modular VST Synth.

http://www.phoenix2007.pwp.blueyonder.c ... tilena.mp3
Mac

Post by Mac »

You are doing a much better job than Wendy Carlos' last attempt IMO.

Nice.

--Mac
nickb2007

Post by nickb2007 »

Thanks Mac,

Having a "Moog Modular" that stays in tune when someone opens the door helps a bit :D

Interesting looking at the "Brazilian Bach" series of works by Villa-Lobos though. "Cantalina" is the obvious starting point I suppose, but I am mentally storing a potential for a "Switch On Villa-Lobos" album. It is impossible to wear out MultiTrackStudio through too much use :?:

Nick B
Mac

Post by Mac »

BTW your bass frequencies are a little on the "bit too much" side.

Something to think about and nothing that couldn't be handled by inserting EQ before Compression in the MTS Mastering strip.

--Mac
nickb2008

Post by nickb2008 »

"bit much"......Original non-mixed, after 6 hours of a fake soprano (I have virtual nightmares of meeting Irina Brochin) in the ears recording replaced with a nice bit of 12db lo cut filter and a millpond pattern (in a logarithmic sort of way) on the bs spectrum analyser VST plugin.....

although now I can see about 6 more tracks that could be added......never ends does it?

Nick B
nickb2008

Post by nickb2008 »

"You are doing a much better job than Wendy Carlos' last attempt IMO"

Actually thinking about this, I believe in says in the Terms & Conditions when you buy Arturia's Moog Modular VST Synth, you have to produce 5 Wendy Carlos "Switched On Bach"-like pieces per year :lol:

Having already completed my quota for this year, this piece (excerpt) for perhaps Bach's most bouncy concerto?:

http://www.phoenix2007.pwp.blueyonder.c ... ch2007.wma

was purely done to experiment with MTS automation features. Well that's my excuse.

Nick B