Delta 1010 with MTS

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
André Giroux

Delta 1010 with MTS

Post by André Giroux »

Its been a long wait. I ordered my delta 1010 sometime in November and finally received it this week. I did some study before I installed it on my PC for the reason that I wanted to install the delta and also leave my audigy without causing any conflicts. There is some good features that comes with the audigy card that I did not want to let go. I found out that both work's fine and no conflicts. Installed without any problem and did a few test with MTS + Delta 1010, and voila exactly what I wanted and more. :D The only problem this has cause me is, now I need an 8 channel compressor. Any suggestions for good 8 channel compressor that doesn't need 3 wallets to buy one.
Andr
Mac

Post by Mac »

Don't know what your budget may be, but I used a couple of these for awhile:

http://www.behringer.com/MDX4400/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Just a tad over $100US street price at the time, even though the retail price is listed as $160US. I bought one used and the other one new for even more savings.

Behringer MDX4400, did the job, typical of Behringer, if you know what I mean, wasn't the best but worked out okay for drumset tracks mostly and the occasional lead singer who does what EVERY singer does at sound check, you know, you tell them to sing as loud as they possibly can to set levels and they squeak like a damn mouse and then when the track is rolling they suddenly find another 6dB of vocal power...

I used to use an old SBLive card in the same machine as a Delta 1010 -- the Live Card was just there for the Soundfont Synth and sometimes the EAX effects so I latched its SP/DIF Output to the SP/DIF Input of the Delta, worked out very well but I had to do all projects at 48KHz when doing that. The lowered noise floor of the digital connection, which bypassed the rather shabby A-D of the Live card was well worth it in those situations. Found out I could record on the Delta at 24/48 even though the Live was outputting at 16/48, that was cool.

--Mac
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

This is what got right now http://www.altoproaudio.com/html/details.php?ID=23& it works pretty good. I was looking at this one http://www.altoproaudio.com/html/details.php?ID=25& which is the same but with 8 channels at the cost somewhere around $700.00 Canadian. I was just wondering if at this price this is worth it or should spend a little more for something much better or if there something better for cheaper or same price. I'm hitting google every way in search mode but I keep coming back to this 8 channel alto. Just want to make the right choice on this as I did for MTS and DELTA. I don't want no regrets, know what I mean?
Thanks for your input Mac
Andr
Mac

Post by Mac »

Well, its GOT to be a better piece of kit than a Behringer... :twisted: