How do I create a fader group ?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

I can't seem to find enough information about how it's done in the built-in help, or on the website. By fader group, I mean a group of faders set to be controlled by one single fader. This would be very useful.

Anybody know?
cidbil

Post by cidbil »

Hey MrHope,
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by fader group, but here's what I do.
Drag a new group from the shelf to the mixer. Then you can assign any tracks you want to the group. (When you add a group, button's appear between the effects slot and the meters for each track). You have the choice of assigning a track to the master (default) or any of the groups.

I generally use two groups one for vocals and the other for the instruments. I balance my individual tracks the way I want them, assign to a group and then balance the vocals and instruments accordingly.

One thing to be aware of, if any of the tracks you're going to assign to a group is using an effect return you'll need to take that off as the group won't function properly. You can use the effect return in the group though.

HTH
Bill
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

Thank you very much for your reply. I hadn't thought to look in the shelf. I appreciate the answer. Yes, I was interested in the same kind of groups you are talking about: fader groups.

I don't think the instructions are in the built-in help.
cidbil

Post by cidbil »

Glad I could help. :D
Theun

Post by Theun »

MrHope wrote:I don't think the instructions are in the built-in help.

Hi,

This feature is explained under "Playback and Mixing" ---> "Groups"

Regards, Theun