The MTS Tonewheel Organ

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
Mac

The MTS Tonewheel Organ

Post by Mac »

Here is a quick one pass throw together, all MTS, with backing track provided by doveman, of the MTS Tonewheel Organ at work.

I used my Yamaha W5 keyboard as the controller, with an Expression pedal hooked up to it, natch. (You can't make Hammond happen without an Expression pedal!).

Never used the MTS Tonewheel Organ before, preferring my long in the tooth Native Instruments B4, but am now thinking that the MTS Tonewheel Organ is going to get some use around here! It sounds good. Like my restored A-100 sounds actually.

Rotator set to OFF, Saturation knob turned all the way up, 888800000 with Perc at 1 and Chorus at C3, the "Jimmy Smith" patented sound.

The MTS Tonewheel Organ actually does what my real Hammonds do with that Saturation pinned, back off the Expression pedal a bit and you get clean organ, floor it and you get the distortion -- plus the horn hoot on the high C even. Nice. Very nice. The expensive NI B4 won't do that right, trust me on that one.

http://www.audiominds.com/cam/Take5_Mac ... itones.mp3

Thanks to Doveman for getting me to pull out the thing in the first place, BIG thanks to Geils for developing this awesome software!

--Mac
meveridge

Post by meveridge »

Good sound, good cut, and good placement of instruments. I've enjoyed this type of organ for a quite few years. Bill does a few of these on his Korg. I've done some experimenting with the wheel organ and a guitar. It keeps sounding like those bad days in the late 60's. Sounds much better on an organ, were it was made to be played.

Cheers,

Mike
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

isn't it amazing what you can do with MTS!
Great job guys.
Andr
doveman

Post by doveman »

Cool ... I didn't realize that was the MTS tone wheel organ.