Internet collaboration

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
Robomusic

Internet collaboration

Post by Robomusic »

Here is a song with music by a talented Gal from over at the cakewalk forum, I wrote and sang the lyrics to here piano tune. hope you enjoy

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1076993&T=1732

The music was recorded in cakewalk MC3, the vocals were recorded in MTS of course, and mixed there as well using just a convolutor, and a compresor in effects 1 and 2 with a limiter on the main buss.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Sounds good.

Is it just me, or does MTS just flat do a better job of quickly creating a polished master?

One little bitty quibble, the piano sounds like it is in a different sonic space than your vocal. Not necessarily a kill, but you might get more intimacy out of this one by concentrating on that aspect. Ambience (the reverb, mostly) can sometimes put you both in the same room when used judiciously, provided that piano track is pretty dry to begin with.

--Mac
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I agree on both issues, MTS does the basics faster and better than any other DAW software out there. I mean, we are all aware that Sonar, and PT has a butt load of features that can do amazing things, but for most of what i do it is simple projects, that just need a stable steady environment to work in. Most other softwares i have used i spend hours fussing with the program. MTS just gets it done!

Yes the vocal and the piano track are not quite on the same page yet. I need to do another run thru with the mix and dial 'er in.