freezing

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
pianoleon

freezing

Post by pianoleon »

I sometimes find the program freezing when I am editing. It carries on playing but nothing moves. I have to save, close and reopen. Luckily it allows saving.
Any answers win7 64 bit plenty of power and ram.
Support

Re: freezing

Post by Support »

Note that editing isn't possible while the transport is running. Or are you seeing other problems?

Giel Bremmers
pianoleon

Post by pianoleon »

I know I cannot edit while it is moving, but if I try as I sometimes too - - forgetting that it will not work - - it simply does not work and the usual pop up notice displays.
Regarding the freezing issue; It happens when for example I am scrolling back through the track using the transport curser. I stop the track - perhaps make a cut or mark a place and scroll back to paste or cut another section. It just freezes during that rapid scroll back. It will play audio again but nothing moves. I wonder if it just some form of information overload. Computers are temperamental beasts and sometimes appear to stamp their foot and say no and need a little gentle persuasion. The next time it happens I will leave it running to see if it simply resolves itself, but if you have any advice on how to prevent it i would be grateful.
derek
Support

Post by Support »

Never seen that happen. Next time you see it please go the the Studio menu's and send a report using the Contact window. Maybe something interesting has been logged.

So basically everything still works except for the editors? Does closing and reopenen the track editor help (using the Edit button on the right)? Does it affect audio or MIDI tracks, or both?

Giel Bremmers
pianoleon

Post by pianoleon »

Thank you. I will send a report and I will try the edit button as a fix. I have always been able to save. Then I have closed and reopened the whole program and everything is as it was with no problems. Another music program I have but rarely use now except to create sheet music - Forte Studio would do the same but I would lose everything since the last save. At least this problem is a minor inconvenience - so far that is.
Support

Post by Support »

Have you seen this with the 7.13 version yet? It may have been fixed.

Giel Bremmers
pianoleon

Post by pianoleon »

it has not happened since - - perhaps it is fixed.